INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist to find all Unicode (for MAC 3.99 crash)  (Read 1006 times)

JONCAT

Smartlist to find all Unicode (for MAC 3.99 crash)
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:19:20 pm »

Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to sift through about 500gb of audio files for Unicode characters that crash MAC 3.99 (4.01b2 won't load subfolders) upon a root drive/folder load for Verify. Matt, any chance we can get some support on this; bug has been around for years, and I'd like to Verify all my files in one batch rather than load the thousands of subfolders manually. We discussed a similar problem in 4.01 with the quick verify not working correctly for batch loads. Time to fix all this and add Verify function to MC gui? : )

v/r
DC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Smartlist to find all Unicode (for MAC 3.99 crash)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:56:56 pm »

MAC 4.01 > Add Folder in Verify mode.  It works for me.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

Re: Smartlist to find all Unicode (for MAC 3.99 crash)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 08:19:45 am »

Thanks Matt; it works for me. I think I was still using 3.99 because of the bug you mentioned here regarding the Quick Verify 3.99 bug.

BTW- there is still a bug here. Adding the root drive works okay, and my main folder, but adding any subfolder for Decompress, Verify, etc. results in "encountered an invalid argument".

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34283.msg234076#msg234076

Quick questions:

1. If I do a full verify with 4.01b2 on my files, it is doing a full decompression, so if my RAM starts failing am I running the risk of corrupting my .ape files with Verify function in any way with hardware failures. I have had RAM/chipset  start to fail on me in the past and corrupt .ape files so I am curious if this can have an adverse effect given failing components.

2. I just decompressed a 3.99 High file Matt, one that fails the Quick Verify, and then re-compressed
it with 4.01. Now it passes the QV, but it still shows as 3.99. Just curious why.

thanks
Jonathan
Pages: [1]   Go Up