INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foot Pedal  (Read 1216 times)

don4surreal

Foot Pedal
« on: May 11, 2007, 07:13:00 pm »

I am the COO of a company where we do transcription, captions, subtitle, translation, and so on for many industries all over the world. I have been using Media Jukebox for everything I can for about 10 years. Does anyone know how to make a standard USB three pedal foot switch work with Media Jukebox for the purpose of controlling the transport controls while typing? (back step, pause, play, forward, etc.) I am so fed up with the codec impotence of WMP and other media players that I want to make Media Jukebox the standard player for all our audio and video throughout the company for our hundreds of transcribers.

Some transcription software companies sell these foot pedals that are standard type Olympus pedals with their transcription software. But the player it has it usually a modified version of WMP classic.

I know some brainiac here has the answer. Please help.

Don

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Foot Pedal
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:39:36 pm »

I don't know anything about three pedal foot switches, but if such a foot switch can emulate the playback control buttons of a multimedia keyboard at least J River's current "jukebox" program, Media Center 12 should work. It has the following options:

I can't remember how well Media Jukebox 8 worked with multimedia keyboards. I have not used it since Media Center 9 was released a few years ago.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Foot Pedal
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 06:53:25 pm »

Hi Don,
I'm sorry I missed your post.  You could write peter at jriver.com with a description of your needs.  We might be able to help.

Thanks, Alex, for catching this.

Regards,

Jim Hillegass
Pages: [1]   Go Up