INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't Eject and Media File org questions  (Read 596 times)

Ken Brookings

Won't Eject and Media File org questions
« on: September 02, 2002, 09:32:58 am »

Love Media Jukebox 8.0 but I have two problems. I new to this and would appreciate any help.
1.  After successfully burning a cd the cd drawer will not open. I have to turn off the computer and then eject on boot up.  This happens regardless of how the settings are arranged regarding eject after recording etc.
2. I added MJ 8.0 after building up a large Windows Media Player data base of about 1300 WMA files.  I've imported these to MJ.  I cannot get the song titles listed alone, they always show up with the artist, track number and then song title.  Therefore I cannot search based on song title or print out a play list that looks reasonable.  Help?

Thanks much,
Ken

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Won't Eject and Media File org questions
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 11:01:39 am »

Try control f for search, then type the name.

You can sort by any field by double clicking the top/title.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

joe|PLS|mama

RE:Won't Eject and Media File org questions
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 01:13:22 pm »

I haven't used WMP for quite sometime, but I seem to remember that when you entered artist, track, album info, it didn't actually update the file tags.   It seemed to just save that info in some kind of internal database.  So, probably what is happening when you import the files into MJ is that there is actually no tag info for MJ to read, so the files are just being imported using their file names.  You might have to through and re-enter the tags in MJ, and you can use the Fill Properties From File Name option on the Tools menus in Properties.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up