INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random "Tagging Errors"  (Read 1189 times)

Pegritz

• Recent member
Random "Tagging Errors"
« on: January 08, 2007, 05:07:06 pm »

First off, I must say: Media Center 11 is the best media-center package I have EVER used! Ultrapowerful + incredibly low resource footprint = a winner in my book. I've just downloaded the latest beta of MC 12, and I'm certainly looking forward to beating it around.

Perhaps MC 12 will even solve the following problem. VERY often, most of the time when Media Center is inactive--that is, not playing any form of file--but not always (this has happened a few times while playing mp3s as well), I will get a pop-up error window that tells me that I have a "Tagging error" for, say, the mp3 file that was most recently played. The error explains that the tag could not be written to file.

This is only mildly annoying, yet it has lately begun to happen very frequently. I tried to search for "tagging error" here on the forums, but several posts concerning what I believe to be the same problem have never received any replies, and others do not seem to be applicable (i.e., I've never encountered a "tagging error" when ripping a CD to any file format). I've scoured the online help but could find nothing that explains what is going on with these errors and how to prevent them.

So...ummm, to quote the lingo of the younger generations, "What up with that?"

D. Pegritz
Pages: [1]   Go Up