INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: Band makes the top 40 without a contract or CD  (Read 2474 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: OT: Band makes the top 40 without a contract or CD
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 05:19:31 pm »

He Needs A Hair Cut (Guy In Center).
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:04:17 am »

Hah. To be in a band you *HAVE* to need a haircut. It's one of the rules.

Anyone seen David Gilmour lately? When young, he had long hair and looked like a typical rocker.
Now he looks like Arnold Palmer!

j

gappie

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 11:10:02 am »

that is nice! i dont give a **** about top 40 and stuff, have no idea what is going there since i threw my television and radio out of the window about 15 years ago. but it shows that it is possible with hard working and/or good ideas to make name in the music business without the big companies. those companies could do with a bit less power. the tide is turning.  ;)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 05:34:10 pm »

television and radio out of the window about 15 years ago.

My Friend Did that Once Back In 1977 In Germany, But We Really Did Not Know What We Were Doing At The Time. I Think It Had Something To Do With Green Monsters, German Beer, Mandrix And Something Called Code Word: "Black"

God\Lucifer I Was Bad, And Now My Liver Is No Longer A Candidate For The Body Part, Donner Card.

I Actually Had More Hair Than The Guy In The Center, Now It Is A "High And Tight", The Army Cleaned Me Up.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 06:06:33 pm »

I think the Donners would have Dined (and complimented the host).

So, Your Majesty, what is new in the world of Old Time Radio or Old Time People?  Any new schemes?

I'm thinking about making a trip south this week.  The high today was 4 degrees F.  I could stop and pick up you and Sue.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 06:32:44 pm »

Actually I Am Not Doing Too Bad, Liver Enzymes Elevated As Normal, Still Working Out (Not As Much Due To The Cold In The Mornings).

Old Time Radio: As Of Now Over 300,000 Mp3's Of Radio Broadcasts

Old Time People: I Was reading the Obituaries the other day of some of the old stars. Richard Kollmar (Boston Blackie) Committed suicide on 7th January, 1971 (A Shame Really That A Person Feels They Need To Kill Them self)

On 8th November, 1965, Dorothy Kilgallen (Richard Kollmar's Wife) , was found dead in her New York apartment. She was fully dressed and sitting upright in her bed. The police reported that she had died from taking a cocktail of alcohol and barbiturates. The notes of her interview with Ruby and the article she was writing on the case had disappeared.

Was She Murdered By The CIA\FBI? Did She Know Too Much? And What Happen To The Magic Bullet?

I'm thinking about making a trip south this week.  The high today was 4 degrees F.  I could stop and pick up you and Sue.

Sue Is In Extreme Pain (And Good Meds) She Maybe A Case For The Biology Books (And Dissection Day), Kidney, Gallbladder And Spinal Problems. Taking Her Back To Dr. Sat.

I Enjoyed Flying And Jumping From Planes When I Did In The Army, I Am More Of A Ground Hugger Now. The Highest I Want To Be Now Is 19 Inches, The Full Elevation Of My Computer Chair Or The Front Porch.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 06:42:02 pm »

Old Time People: I Was reading the Obituaries the other day of some of the old stars. Richard Kollmar (Boston Blackie) Committed suicide on 7th January, 1971 (A Shame Really That A Person Feels They Need To Kill Them self)
For some, it's probably the right answer.

Dorothy Killgallen was on a very early TV show, if I'm not mistaken.  What's My Line?  I think she was the one who examined everyone's hands to see what she could learn about them.  Bennet Cerf was the host.

And Boston Blacky was a favorite of mine in the year 1426 BC.

I'm sorry to hear that Sue is in some pain.  Give her greetings and best wishes.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 07:29:07 pm »

Here Is A Very Good Link About Dorothy Kilgallen, If anyone is interested, and or has a liking to a very good and factual as I could research conspiracy story.

http://www.jfkresearch.com/morningstar/killgallen.htm

Boston Blackie One Of The Best Old Time Radio Shows, There is about 250 Shows That Has Survived The Ravages Of Time. "New" Old Radio Shows Are Pulled From Old Homes Each Year As Some Of The Elderly Die, And Some One Takes A Peek Into the Attics Of Time.

Many Younger People Should Take The Time To Listen To Some Of The Old And Spectacular Radio Shows Of The Past. From My Longed Haired, And Mary Jane Girl Smoking Generation (Younger People Look Up "Rick James"). To The Nose, Tongue Ring And Other Body Part Piercing Crowd (Ouch That's Got To Hurt).

About Sue, I Am Hoping For The Best, I Don't Know What I Would Do Without Her. I However Will Probability Take The Celestial Dirt Nap First (Just Look At That Face Of Mine)
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up