INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T TV Progress  (Read 47358 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DVB-T TV Progress
« on: January 12, 2007, 05:10:53 pm »

Just downloaded build 147 and to my delight, DVT-T TV is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Channel scan took a while but it found all my channels. A couple of issues though :-

1. Channel changing is EXTREMELY slow. 10-20 seconds and sometimes it will crash MC.
2. SPDIF audio is working but I'm not getting AC3 signals to my external amp. I've tried different filters but they all work ok with other video content from within MC - ie, I get AC3/DTS signals fine. Also, my existing tv playback software is working fine for the same channels.
3. When I try to modify a channel's name, a dialog pops up prompting me to enter a signal bandbwidth number 7 or 8. I enter 7 (even though it's already there) but it doesn't recognise this and I cannot proceed.

I'll keep messing and will report back anything else I find.

Please let me know if I can assist in any way to get this right. It's looking good!!!....
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: DVB-T TV Progress
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 08:10:51 am »

Just downloaded build 147 and to my delight, DVT-T TV is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wondered if there were any DVB-T users among beta testers during the last two weeks. ;D I should have remembered you. I ended up enlisting a non-beta-tester, emailing him updates daily.

Thanks for reporting. I will work on these.

3. Strange. It should ask only if the entered value is not 7 or 8.

For your info, you do not need to click the Modify button if you only need to change the channel's name. You can do it on the list directly. Click twice on the name (but not double-click, i.e. do not do it too fast), the cell will be in edit mode. Alternatively you can right-click a channel, and select "Edit Station Name".

Having said that, however, there is another bug in that area that prevents the change from being saved if you do it on the Scan Channels dialog. Do it on the "TV Channels" property page (the parent window of "Scan Channels"), it will be OK.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:57:21 pm »

Thanks Yaobing. I will be happy to assist and I look forward to fixes for the above.

Now that I can finally watch tv with MC I have some cosmetic suggestions and questions if I may? Please bare in mind that my primary MC installation is on a HTPC in the living room running MC's THEATER VIEW :-

1. When I start tv, would it not be possible please to automatically begin playing the last channel that was viewed? Perhaps it could be an option?
2. Also, when starting tv (again, all from theater view) is it necessary to show the dialog box showing "starting tv..."? This looks rather odd against the Theater View interface. Perhaps this message could simply be shown not on a dialog but on the display view. Just like the "Opening..." message which is shown when waiting for a video or song to play.
3. There is no hotkey sequence for changing aspect ratios therefore I cannot do this by remote control. I requested this a little while back. Any chance this could be included please? It would be a good feature for MC overall.
4. How do I change channels directly (remote control only!)? Can I assign keyboard keys to channels so that hitting '7' gives me channel 7 and '9' gives me channel 9 etc..?
5. Can I add custom images (coverart) to channels? This would be great!
6. Finally, this may be more work but would it be possible to create a "Favourites" channel list which is a subset of the fully scanned channel list? My channel scan picked up 40 odd stations but I only wanted a handfull of these. It would be good if my primary channel list only contained the channels I wanted to see. I know I can remove channels I don't want but this would mean a complete rescan to choose a channel I missed or wanted to include in the future.

Once again, thanks for your efforts in this department and I can't wait for further updates!
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:23:38 am »

OK you have my attention now!

I'd almost given up on DVB-T support working but am also excited to see .147 is starting to show some posivite signs.

I'm also in Australia so am happy to help test/report what I can.

I can confirm that channel changing is VERY slow, haven't had a crash yet but it does take a good 10 to 15 seconds to change.

I also can't get the HD channels to play, the tuner locks on (I get a lock LED on the tuner) but I get no video/audio. (raym can you get the HD channels to play?)

Like raym I'm a theater View user, so his requests in his previous post are certainly high on my requirements list too, especially the hot key channel changing.

Richard
Sydney, Australia

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 04:02:43 pm »

Having said that, however, there is another bug in that area that prevents the change from being saved if you do it on the Scan Channels dialog. Do it on the "TV Channels" property page (the parent window of "Scan Channels"), it will be OK.

I can't get changes in Channel name to save anywhere I try to do it. 
They always go back to the original name, this is in the TV Options page AND the Scan page.

Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 10:46:51 am »

In the next build, channel switching should be faster.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:43:46 am »

Great! Any luck on the AC3/DD problems? And your thoughts on my suggestions above?
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 01:45:12 pm »

Great! Any luck on the AC3/DD problems? And your thoughts on my suggestions above?

I am working on the AC3 channel problem. I may need you guys provide log files when the next build is out, so I can get more ideas.

Other things will be on the table when the basic stuff is worked out.

1. Maybe.
2. Maybe.
3. Yes, either keyboard combo or MC command.
4. Difficult. One big problem is to sort out how to tell a request is for a digital channel or an analog channel. So if you press "2", the program will not know whether it is for the analog channel 2, or the second digital channel. Besides, it is hard to represent a digital channel using just a few digits. "Channel 9" may have many subschannels. Before DVB-T, I was thinking about using 5 digit number, such as 10702, which means digital channel 7-2 (anything shorter than 5 digits is an analog channel). This will obviously not work for DVB-T since a tranport stream ID alone could be 4 digit long.
5. Don't know.
6. I think you can create a custom view.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 02:34:13 pm »

4. Difficult. One big problem is to sort out how to tell a request is for a digital channel or an analog channel. So if you press "2", the program will not know whether it is for the analog channel 2, or the second digital channel. Besides, it is hard to represent a digital channel using just a few digits. "Channel 9" may have many subschannels. Before DVB-T, I was thinking about using 5 digit number, such as 10702, which means digital channel 7-2 (anything shorter than 5 digits is an analog channel). This will obviously not work for DVB-T since a tranport stream ID alone could be 4 digit long.

Just a though on this one;

If we could assign our own hotkey to a channel then it can be any length number. 
So we could assign "9" to Channel Nine SD Digital  and say "90" to Channel Nine Analog.  Then we just send "9<enter>" or "90<enter>" to change channels.
This is what my current software does.

Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 05:21:29 pm »

Other things will be on the table when the basic stuff is worked out.

That's fine. I just wanted to put it out there now for consideration. Thanks.

Re the direct channel changing stuff, I had the same thing in mind as Richard.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 04:49:33 am »

Hi Yaobing. Yes it is!!! Very fast indeed.  :D

I've emailed you a log file for the AC3/DD issue (via spdif out). It should show the following:-

1. Starting TV Playback (channel “Nine Digital”). PCM audio only (as expected) and ok!
2. Switched to channel “Nine Digital AC3”. No change in the audio stream. Still PCM.
3. Switched to channel “Nine Digital HD”. No audio at all.

I’m using the same audio and video filters used through-out MC for other video playback and AC3/DTS streams work fine.

Thanks heaps!
Ralf.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 05:40:27 am »

Hi All - I'm new to the beta team but have been testing for Yaobing the DVB-T stuff since Christmas and he as done a great job ;D.  FYI - I'm in Sydney Australia and using a DVICO DVB-T Plus tuner as part of a HTPC setup with MC in Theater View connected by DVI & S/PDIF to a Yami V2600 then to a Hitachi Plasma using HDMI. 

I've just had a quick play with the latest version and updated my latest notes from the TV Forum:
1) Scanning Support - Only did 2 scans but the first one still missed a group of channels (this time all of the Nine Network) - but I did not have logging on this time - second time it got them all.  Will test more later.  All channels were found in the first 35% and by then the "stop scan" button does not do anything - had to wait till it got to 100%

2) Tuning - Much Much quicker - Under 10 Sec for first channel, under 5 Sec for a new channel in another group, and only a sec or so for a new channel in the same group and this is now on par with "Nero Home" but not as responsive as the DVICO SW. 

3) AC3/DD:  Same status on the lack of AC3/DD audio feeds.

3). TimeShift works fine (on the non HD AC3 channels) but has a 10 sec delay/black screen before it starts.

4) Recording to dvr-ms file ONLY works if TimeShift is on but also suffers another 10 sec delay/black scrren before it starts (if TimeShift is OFF it give a blue screen the first time, then records the blue screen to an AVI file the second time manual recording is selected).  Interestingly these dvr-ms files are 704x480 (is this some NTSC size) yet the DVICO SW saves the stream as a full 720x576 (did not test the HD ones given I can not save HD files in MC yet but in DVICO it saves them as 1440x1080)

While the DVB-T (and digitial TV support in general) is developing rapidly, I'd personnel suggest that the focus should be in order of priority:
1) Stable & Reliable Scan & Tunning - Looks like it is almost there!
2) Manual Recording - need to fix the "must have time shift on" bug. 
3) Remote Control - will post more but for example to run this from TheaterView you really need to add the REC button to start and the STOP button to stop the manual recoding.
4) Schedule Recoding - need to be able to schedule future recordings
5) AC3/DD support - I can live with this one for now as I've got access to the similcast SD channels with analoge sound.
6) EPG Support - I don't really care but I know alot of people do but this one is hard as it needs customisaion for each country
7) External Tuner Integration - Way down the track but......Using the Video/Audio in and IR Blasters, some HTPC software can "map" channels from an external turner (eg Cable / Sat box) enabling full timeshift / record and a one interface for controlling channels sources for a tuner card AND the Cable box.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 07:01:16 pm »

Installed build 150 and did a complete re-scan. All channels in my area were found ok.

AC3/HD Issue

2. Changed: More tweaks in DVT-T tuning for AC3/HD channels.

Still not getting AC3 streams (PCM only) and no audio at all on HD channels. Let me know if you need another trace.

"Crop" Aspect Ratio Bug

There seems to be a problem with the "Crop" aspect Ratio setting. When first setting this (from an alternate setting, say "Source") it looks great. Fills the entire tv screen (testing on an old 4:3 tv). Checking the zoom setting in use it appears to be around 130%. If I stop playback, and start it again, the image becomes way too big. If I check the zoom ratio now, it's gone right up to 200%. For some reason, this zoom value sticks from this point on.

Note: I have VMR enabled under Digital TV settings (in case that makes any difference).

Thanks.

Edit: There's definately something strange happening here... I re-started MC and now the image is not cropping AT ALL!
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 08:33:58 pm »

Still not getting AC3 streams (PCM only) and no audio at all on HD channels. Let me know if you need another trace.

Yes, please send me a log file.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 08:39:52 pm »

Yes, please send me a log file.

Ok, done. Same test as before. Ie,

1. Starting TV Playback (channel “Nine Digital”). PCM audio only (as expected) and ok!
2. Switched to channel “Nine Digital AC3”. No change in the audio stream. Still PCM.
3. Switched to channel “Nine Digital HD”. No audio at all.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 01:59:57 am »

Hi Yaobing - also sent Log Files:
- SCAN.LOG: Picked up all the channels & naming is better.  FYI the Australian channels with the same names broadcast the same content - I don't know if this is for better coverage (but I get them all) or that they are yet to use these channels for other content so just put out the same feed....so I recon you can drop the channel info all together from the name.
- TUNE.LOG: Tuning seems to be quicker again but still no AC3/DD (I did the test from TheaterView using the Chapter FWD/RWD buttons which worked fine

Also a couple of other comments:
1) still says "no signal" in the bottom message when changing channels
2) Channel Numbering Idea:  How about letting the users allocate a unique number to any channel (probably a 3 digit code) to get around the issues of MC knowing what channel on what source is being requested.  That way a user could press "100" and select a specific channel from the DVB-T Tuner then "101" from the analogue and one day "102" could use the IR Blasters to change the set-top box to the requried channel and switch MC to the Video Input to receive said channel.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: DVB-C TV Progress
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 04:13:53 am »

DVB-T TV Progress

How about DVB-C progress? Is DVB-C different from MC's point of view?

This apartment building is connected with cable and the used standard is DVB-C.

I don't have a DVB-C device for PC yet. Any recommendations?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 05:32:20 am »

2) Channel Numbering Idea:  How about letting the users allocate a unique number to any channel (probably a 3 digit code)...

As dscussed previously, this is a good idea. Ie, let the user define what keys they want to press to load whatever channel in whatever source they want. Dunno about the 3 digit code thing though. I'd still want to be able to just hit the '7' key to go to Channel 7 (for instance) if i so desired... The less keys pressed on the remote the better!

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 05:52:08 am »

As dscussed previously, this is a good idea. Ie, let the user define what keys they want to press to load whatever channel in whatever source they want. Dunno about the 3 digit code thing though. I'd still want to be able to just hit the '7' key to go to Channel 7 (for instance) if i so desired... The less keys pressed on the remote the better!

Thanks.

Agree - but you would have one of two options,
1) you could have the ability to accept different length strings so that you do not need leading 0's. eg you could have "7" or "10" or "101" but you would need either a time gap OR use of the OK key for MC to know you have finished entering your seleciton.
2) you have just a 3 digit code (like you pace/foxtel cable box) eg "107" = Ch7, "110" = Ch10.
JRiver CEO Elect

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 06:35:06 am »

Agree - but you would have one of two options,
1) you could have the ability to accept different length strings so that you do not need leading 0's. eg you could have "7" or "10" or "101" but you would need either a time gap OR use of the OK key for MC to know you have finished entering your seleciton.
2) you have just a 3 digit code (like you pace/foxtel cable box) eg "107" = Ch7, "110" = Ch10.

MC should be smart enough to know what to do.

If you have say 7 , 9 and 0 defined as channels then pressing 7 should jump straight to that channel.

If on the other hand you had 7, 71, and 0 defined, then pressing 7 would mean MC waits for a second for another keypress and then changes channel.  Pressing 0 would change immediately as there is no other channel starting with 0. 
An <enter> would signal immediate change so 7<enter> would be quicker than 7 and waiting for the timeout.

This way you can have whatever coding system you want, but also just single digits if you want them.

R

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 04:54:47 pm »

10. Change: DVB-T channel changing remaps audio PID on demultiplexor, to try to show ac3 audio.

Have sent the following log files:
1) SCAN.LOG - Captured the issue where a group of channels get missed even though I can hear them during the scanning phase (this time the Ch7 Group)

2) TUNE.LOG - Tried the AC3 channels and you now occasional digitial sound (like burts of bitstream being sent over PCM) then MC hangs

Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 05:20:15 pm »

What happens if you go straight to a HD channel, i.e. "NINE HD" directly, instead of first "NINE DIGITAL", then "NINE DIGITAL AC3", then "NINE HD"?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 05:42:16 pm »

1) Playing "Nine HD" first get no sound and the some initial / occasional digitial noise the no sound at all and MC will end up hanging (requires a reboot as MC will not run a second time)

2) Playing "Nine AC3" first get PCM sound AND digital noise over the top and MC will end up hanging (requires a reboot as MC will not run a second time)

3) Playing "Nine" first get PCM sound - all is fine

Nathan

JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 06:09:18 pm »

1) Playing "Nine HD" first get no sound and the some initial / occasional digitial noise the no sound at all and MC will end up hanging
Please send me a log file with this alone.

(requires a reboot as MC will not run a second time)
Maybe you can kill the process in Windows Task Manager, and spare yourself a reboot.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 06:31:58 pm »

Please send me a log file with this alone.

Sent 2 logs:
- NineHD
- NineAC3

Maybe you can kill the process in Windows Task Manager, and spare yourself a reboot.
Yup works! ;D
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 12:35:57 am »

Hey Yaobing. Tried a rescan today on a different card and struck all sorts of issues. It's a DVICO DVB-T Plus - same as jmone's so don't know why I'm having issues. I think there's some kind of country code problem. MC isn't selecting Australia for me by default. I've sent you a few logs.

As it is right now, I can't scan (and therefore watch) anything  :(

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 05:43:48 am »

2) Playing "Nine AC3" first get PCM sound AND digital noise over the top

I get this too. (log  Nine-ac3.txt)

Playing Nine HD I only get digital noise and no real sound. (log nineHD.txt)

I am also getting the error "Unable to Play TV (Unknown Error)" every time I OK or Cancel out of the TV Options/setings screen. (log Failed to pay.txt)

Log files have been emailed.

Richard

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 05:51:02 am »

Hey Yaobing. Tried a rescan today on a different card and struck all sorts of issues. It's a DVICO DVB-T Plus - same as jmone's so don't know why I'm having issues. I think there's some kind of country code problem. MC isn't selecting Australia for me by default. I've sent you a few logs.

Thanks.

I had this prob with the builds around Christmas but once I got Australia selected (and it sometime did take a few goes are reseting, reselecting etc) all was good.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 04:02:21 pm »

Thanks.

For diagnosing, can you check registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings

for the values of "Country Code" and "Country Name". Try manually setting them.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 02:51:18 am »

For diagnosing, can you check registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\TV Settings

for the values of "Country Code" and "Country Name". Try manually setting them.

I checked these and they seem to be set ok (even though the Country drop-down box on the option's page was initially blank).

Whenever I click on the "Digital Chan" button on the TV options page (to init a new scan) I get the error: Unable to Play TV (Unknown Error). As I said, I've sent some logs of this. Hopefully you'll be able to make some sense of what's going on...

Thanks.

Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 01:14:04 am »

Using 152 - have sent logs.  Still get the same results as 151 with digital noise on the DD channels except MC now crashes (not just freezes) after a few seconds on tuning to one of these channels.
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 02:53:00 am »

Just installed 152 also.. Still no joy. Can't even scan channels  >:(

Yaobing, I have sent you another log file ("ScanIssue.log"). Below are the steps performed. Before I started MC, I deleted the "TV Settings" registry key.

1. Started MC and selected "TV Tuner > Options"
2. At the Network Type dialog I selected the DVB-T radio button and hit ok
3. At the Video Standard dialog
    a) the coutry code drop-down list is empty and unselectable, ie, I cannot choose anything
    b) radio buttons for cable/antenna ok. I selected antenna and hit ok
    c) info message shown: "Device driver returned an empty list of supported video formats. Tuner many not work correctly."
4. Continued with Audio Settings etc
5. At the "TV Configuration" dialog, country was set to United States but I was able to set it to Australia (I confrimed this later in the registry).
6. Clicked on the "Digital Chan" button to init a scan but I get: "Failed to play TV. (unknown error)". I cannot proceed beyond this point.

The log extract below may or may not be relevant to this issue but I thought it could be. Again, I have confirmed that the country code is set ok in the registry :-

0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: Start
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: Gave country code 61 to IFrequencyMap. hr=0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: get_CountryCode returned 0x80004001, CC=61
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: put_FrequencyMapping. hr=0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: get_CountryCodeList failed 0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: get_DefaultFrequencyMapping failed 0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: get_FrequencyMapping failed 0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: Finish (0 ms)

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 05:17:39 am »

WARNING: I'm about to completely contradict my last post!!!!!!!!!

Yaobing, a new set of logs are on their way!

SCANNING

After leaving the PC for a while and trying a scan 1 more time, to my surprise, MC finally started searching for channels.... very strange! Unfortunately it's not finding all channels though. I've run it a few times and a different set of channels is picked up each time.

PLAYBACK

Playback of the channels that were detected seems ok except for:-

1. When I first start playing a channel, I get a message on the OSD saying: "Cannot setup TvTuner Code: 0x80004005". This eventually goes away though and the channel starts playing normally. Switching to a new channel after playback has started does not show this message. Ie, it happens only when MC is stopped and something is played for the first time.

2. Channel changing in this build is generally quite a bit slower than in previous builds.

HD and AC3

For the HD and AC3 channels MC did find, these are now working!!!!! What seems to happen though is I hear a brief burst of audio (PCM stream according to my amplifier) and then a second or two later, the AC3 audio becomes audible. It looks like MC is cycling through the available streams before it finds the AC3. As far as the video goes, it's 1080i as expected and looks great.

Don't know why things started working all of a sudden.... as I said, I've captured a few logs!

Thanks
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 05:41:34 am »

Hi raym, sound great - tried again on mine but same result as before - do you know what Audio / Video filters are being used?  Also I always get the "Cannot setup TvTuner Code: 0x80004005" error when the TV first starts up.  I also still get scans where not all the channel groups are picked up.
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 07:42:12 am »

Thanks to both of you!

At least there is a little progress.

A few things I would like to mention:

SCANNING - There has been little change since last couple of builds except saving an extra flag for AC3 audio.

1. When I first start playing a channel, I get a message on the OSD saying: "Cannot setup TvTuner Code: 0x80004005". This eventually goes away though and the channel starts playing normally. Switching to a new channel after playback has started does not show this message. Ie, it happens only when MC is stopped and something is played for the first time.
This is caused by the NTSC analog tuner on your device. It probably does not affect the functioning of digital TV. I will get rid of it (at least the message).

2. Channel changing in this build is generally quite a bit slower than in previous builds.
According to Microsoft's documentation, I would submit a tune request, after the station is tuned to, examine which audio streams are available and make a choice and RESUBMIT the tune request. That probably is what made it slower. I need to find a way to do it in one shot if possible.

HD and AC3

Even for HD channel, where there is only AC3 audio, DirectShow still builds a graph with MPEG2 Audio as audio format and I have to change that after the channel is tuned to.

0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: Start
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: Gave country code 61 to IFrequencyMap. hr=0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: get_CountryCode returned 0x80004001, CC=61
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: put_FrequencyMapping. hr=0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: get_CountryCodeList failed 0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: get_DefaultFrequencyMapping failed 0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: get_FrequencyMapping failed 0x80004001
0352047: 544: TV: CGenericHDTV::LoadFrequencyMap: Finish (0 ms)
This is caused by some experimental code that I forgot to remove. All it says is that the methods I tried are "not implemented".

Empty country list on "Video Standard" dialog:

There is now a check box "Show all countries", to let you list all countries, in case you get an empty list, or in case the list does not contain your country.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 04:15:26 pm »

Thanks to you Yaobing! SOunds like you're on top of the issues.

I forgot to mention 2 things:-

1. Timeshifting on HD channels pauses ok, but I cannot resume playback (ie, it remains paused). I will send you a log of this.

There is now a check box "Show all countries", to let you list all countries, in case you get an empty list, or in case the list does not contain your country.
This check box was not responding to any mouse clicks. I could not check it.

Thanks.

Jmone, to answer your question:-

Hi raym, sound great - tried again on mine but same result as before - do you know what Audio / Video filters are being used? 

I'm using the Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 filter for video and Intervideo WinDVD 6 for Audio. This has consistently been the best "one-solution-for-all" combination on all my systems.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 07:02:10 pm »

Att: rpalmer68 / jmone:

Have either of you been able to get MC to scan 7 HD? This is the only channel I've never been able to get it to find. Would be interested if you guys have.

There might be something unique about this channel which Yaobing may need to know??

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 08:47:14 pm »

"7 HD Digital" is absent from both your log file and jmone's. Instead, you got "7 SD Digital". This could be just a TV broadcaster's change.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2007, 12:12:08 am »

;D WOW - DD WORKS  ;D - Well done Yaobing

1) I am using the NVIDIA Video & Audio Filters (was using FFD for Audio before)
2) According to the NVIDIA control panel I am receiving 2.1 and 2.0 DD on both the AC3 and HD channels (my amp reports 2.0 for all) - will need to find a 5.1 broadcast to test multichannel properly
3) There is some instability in switching between MPEG and DD channels in the same Channel group - MC eventually freeses - I've sent the usual log files
4) No idea where 7 HD went - I also now only get 7 SD with MPEG sound but this may be becase all their channels are showing the Tennis?

Thanks for all the work!
Nathan

FYI found this at http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=14 but basically for Syd Aust:
- ABC SD is MPEG & DD 2/0 or DD 5.1
- ABC HD is  DD 2/0 or DD 5.1
- 7 SD is MPEG 
- 7 HD is MPEG or DD 2/0
- 9 SD is MPEG & DD 2.0
- 9 HD is DD 2/0 or DD 5.1
- 10 SD is MPEG
- 10 HD is DD 2/0
- SBS SD & HD is MPEG

Next DD5.1 is not till tommorow night!
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2007, 03:14:09 am »

It's curious how this suddenly started working for you also don't you think?

Anyway....

Regarding 7HD, this channel definately exists - I'm watching it right now! It's actual name is "7 HD Digital". I just did a scan using my old tv software and it found it no probs. Also, MC is picking up a channel called "7 SD Digital" but this is not one which I've ever seen (where I'm living anyway). All the other "7" channels are right. Maybe MC is confusing "7 HD Digital" for "7 SD Digital". Here are the details for "7 HD Digital" (based on my other software and location) if this helps:-

Freq (Khz) = 177500
Bandwidth = 7
Video PID = 833
MPEG2 PID = 0
AC3 Audio PID = 835
PMT PID = 832
PCR PID = 833
Program Number = 1332

There has been little change since last couple of builds except saving an extra flag for AC3 audio.

Well, I'm not sure what's going on here but scanning is behaving strange. I've tried it a few more times and now it isn't showing me any 9 digital channels even though while scanning, I can hear it playing back!

Finally, I have sent a new log for the HD timeshifting issue. The actions I performed are:-

1. Started TV set to "9 HD" (in normal playback mode)
2. Paused playback ("video paused" OSD message appears")
3. Re-started playback - pressed play
4. OSD indicates that playback has restarted but video is still paused.
5. Only option is to Stop playback and video resumes (in normal playback mode).

As discussed, channel switching and initial TV startup is quite slow but it sounds like you know the cause of this so I look forward to any improvements here...

Thanks.

Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2007, 03:47:55 am »

It's curious how this suddenly started working for you also don't you think?

Earlier in my testing I went through all the different Filter combo's but this was pre the PID change.  The give away was hearing the digital noise over the top of the MPG Audio track (in Oz the SD channels broadcast both MPG Audio and SD on some channels) - as soon as I changed the Filter from "let Direct Show Choose" to NVIDA the filter picked has picked up the correct output pin for the DD feed (all a guess of course  :D).  Next is to settle down the stability the add/fix:
- Time Shift
- Manual Record
- Schedule Recording
- Pass through from external boxs (eg Cable/Sat - for us Foxtel)
- and waaaay down the track the holy grail of integration with all the differnt EPG's in the world (good luck!)
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 03:27:04 pm »

Regarding 7HD, this channel definately exists - I'm watching it right now! It's actual name is "7 HD Digital". I just did a scan using my old tv software and it found it no probs. Also, MC is picking up a channel called "7 SD Digital" but this is not one which I've ever seen (where I'm living anyway). All the other "7" channels are right. Maybe MC is confusing "7 HD Digital" for "7 SD Digital". Here are the details for "7 HD Digital" (based on my other software and location) if this helps:-

Freq (Khz) = 177500
Bandwidth = 7
Video PID = 833
MPEG2 PID = 0
AC3 Audio PID = 835
PMT PID = 832
PCR PID = 833
Program Number = 1332

Well, I'm not sure what's going on here but scanning is behaving strange. I've tried it a few more times and now it isn't showing me any 9 digital channels even though while scanning, I can hear it playing back!

Program Number (Service ID) 1332 is the same one for "7 SD Digital" that showed in your earlier log file. PMT PID also match. Audio and video PIDs differ. Therefore there is still very strong likelyhood that scanning at different times would produce different result depending on what the broadcaster does at the time you scan.

Did you try scanning in MC at the time when your other program picked up "7 HD Digital"?

If the broadcaster changes audio format from time to time (as opposed to offering both formats simultaneously) it spells trouble for us.

By the way, in the next build, there will be a "Wait Longer" checkbox on Scan Channels dialog. Hopefully longer timeout value will allow all channels to be picked up.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2007, 03:58:05 pm »

Ok. Thanks.

I'll try the "wait longer" options and post back my findings.

Did you try scanning in MC at the time when your other program picked up "7 HD Digital"?

Not simultaneously but immediately after, yes.

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2007, 05:33:02 pm »

If the broadcaster changes audio format from time to time (as opposed to offering both formats simultaneously) it spells trouble for us.

According to what I found - CH7 HD is the ONLY channel that changes between MPG Audio and DD!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2007, 11:48:35 pm »

V 155 Results:sent the usual logs. 

Same as before for Scanning and Tuning:  Still an issue with stability that I "think" is only when switching between channels in the same group (the "Tune.log" should show MC hanging as I switched between NineHD, NineAC3 and Nine).  I even got a BSOD at one point (but lost the log that was runnning).

Also what does "Use YUV Mixing Mode", "Dynamic Decemation" and "Dynamic Switch to BOB" settings do?  I've tried a few different combo's and while the picture "seems" to be best with them all unchecked I thought I'd ask

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 12:09:36 am »

Same as before for Scanning and Tuning:  Still an issue with stability that I "think" is only when switching between channels in the same group (the "Tune.log" should show MC hanging as I switched between NineHD, NineAC3 and Nine).  I even got a BSOD at one point (but lost the log that was runnning).

Also what does "Use YUV Mixing Mode", "Dynamic Decemation" and "Dynamic Switch to BOB" settings do?  I've tried a few different combo's and while the picture "seems" to be best with them all unchecked I thought I'd ask

Thanks
Nathan

Scanning seems more consistent for me (in terms of picking up all channels) if I do a "reset tv settings" first. Where I have problems is if I attempt back-to-back scans or immediately after playing some tv. I don't know if this makes any sense to you Yaobing?... Also, I'm still not picking up the "7 HD Digital" channel but I'm less concearned about this as my old software didn't pick this up today either. I think it's a braodcasting problem. Will try again when I am certain a HD program is being broadcast.

Timeshifting is still problematic only on HD channels. As reported previously, once paused, I cannot resume. All I can do is stop to return to live tv. TS works fine for all other channels - even AC3 ones.

I'm not sure if the channel change speed has been worked on in this latest build but it still seems pretty much the same. 3-5 seconds on my system. Still no where near as reponsive as it was a few builds ago.

Fianlly, when I set the TV display aspect ratio to "CROP" for my old 4:3 tv, the settings seem to only stick when I first set it to "STRETCH" and then "CROP". In any case, I'm having some difficulties getting CROP to work consistently but I'll keep my eye on this.

PS - This was a problem with normal MC video playback some time ago which was later fixed. The bug may still be present in the TV portion of MC?

Looking good overall!!

Thanks.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 02:11:29 pm »

Timeshifting is still problematic only on HD channels. As reported previously, once paused, I cannot resume. All I can do is stop to return to live tv. TS works fine for all other channels - even AC3 ones.

The log file you sent last time did not contain any TV related entries (except one line saying which channel MC is going to play), and is very short. I wonder if it got truncated or you forgot to turn on TV logging type. In any case, can you send another one? Many sure you send it as zipped file, not as plain text file.

I'm not sure if the channel change speed has been worked on in this latest build but it still seems pretty much the same. 3-5 seconds on my system. Still no where near as reponsive as it was a few builds ago.

I did try. But my effort did not seem to make any effect on this issue  :(

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2007, 02:24:05 pm »

Thanks!
Unfortunately not much was reveiled in the log. Logging stopped right after a tune request is submitted.

These are mainly for CPU/Video device resource conservation (especially the latter two). YUV mixing mode uses much less resource than the older mechanism, and is useful in mixing closed captioning or teletext on video, which MC does not do. It is useful also in case video card is not powerful. Dynamic decimation actually reduces video resolution. Do not use it unless your video card can not handle the large video in HDTV.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms788177.aspx

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007, 03:11:46 pm »

Thanks!Unfortunately not much was reveiled in the log. Logging stopped right after a tune request is submitted.
These are mainly for CPU/Video device resource conservation (especially the latter two). YUV mixing mode uses much less resource than the older mechanism, and is useful in mixing closed captioning or teletext on video, which MC does not do. It is useful also in case video card is not powerful. Dynamic decimation actually reduces video resolution. Do not use it unless your video card can not handle the large video in HDTV.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms788177.aspx

Thanks for the info (confirms what I was seeing).  I'll also repeat the hanging issue and sent the Logs (if that helps) and take some notes.
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 05:20:50 pm »

The log file you sent last time did not contain any TV related entries (except one line saying which channel MC is going to play), and is very short. I wonder if it got truncated or you forgot to turn on TV logging type.

Nope. That was all it produced! All logging options were enabled.

I will generate another one for you though - no problem.
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up