INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image conversion to bmp for handhelds  (Read 881 times)

RobbieG

• Recent member
Image conversion to bmp for handhelds
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:04:48 pm »

It would be nice if image conversion under handheld options would be able to convert jpgs to bmps and rename the files to cover.bmp in order to support the album art patch for rockbox:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/AlbumArt

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
Re: Image conversion to bmp for handhelds
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:50:24 am »

There's a few utilities that will do this for you - I believe the Rockbox site lists a few.

I can't imagine this would be an option in MC because there isn't an option to convert the format of images. Besides, even Rockbox themselves don't support the AlbumArt patch, so I doubt a third party company would be prepared to support it either.

RobbieG

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 07:33:45 am »

I know I could do it on my own, but there are a lot of features in media center that you can do with other apps.  It would just be much more seamless and convenient if media center could do it.  Plus don't you think rockbox will eventually support album art on its own?

I'm not sure how much work it would be to allow media center to do this, but it is something I would find useful, and maybe others would as well.

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 09:55:25 am »

Plus don't you think rockbox will eventually support album art on its own?

I'm absolutely sure it will, but I doubt it will stick to only supporting a 100x100 "cover.bmp". Rockbox needs to make up its own deficiencies so that other programs can easily work with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up