INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC12 Ripping quirks  (Read 1180 times)

Mitch Sowden

• Recent member
MC12 Ripping quirks
« on: January 13, 2007, 03:00:28 am »

I am busy ripping my collection again to APE... A not serious but annoying thing is that MC keeps asking if I want to rip because I am low on disk space ... when I am not. I am ripping on a new desktop with plenty space. Also I have 5 drives attached to help speed up the process but MC tends to stop / fail on a few drives as I go along. i.e I start with 5 drives ripping - as each drive completes, i pop the next disc in, it looks up and starts ripping automatically as set-up - fine. Problem starts about after disc 10 (overall not on a particular drive) Suddenly my production system slows down - ie drives not automatically ripping even if I tell them to rip manually. I have to wait until current ripping is done and then stop / start MC to get the system ripping 5 drives simultaneously again...mitch

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC12 Ripping quirks
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 08:41:18 am »

Under Tools/Options/File Locations, check the temporary drive location.  Maybe it's getting full.

Mitch Sowden

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 11:12:01 pm »

Thanks Jim, fraid not though. Temp is set to C:\tempRIP and there is 128GB avail. Tracks are ripped to a different (I:\) directory. Cheers, Mitch

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 04:24:16 am »

Five drives sounds a bit excessive for one PC. I guess no one has tried that before.

Did you try to rip in wave format and convert afterwards?

Also, are you using the secure mode? If not, you should. The secure mode tries to correct possible read errors and saves rip logs.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mitch Sowden

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 06:22:18 am »

Secrure mode Yes, rip & encode same time to APE - new Core 2 PC  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up