INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Progress on Cover Art to Sansa?  (Read 1579 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Progress on Cover Art to Sansa?
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:03:43 am »

I'm just wondering if any progress has been made on syncing cover art to the Sansa?  I know the iPod has no issues syncing--MC just copies it.  I haven't been able to get cover art to my Sansa at all.  I will point out that the Sansa is very forgiving and will pretty much accept any size jpg as cover art as long as it's in the Album folder.

RFB

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Progress on Cover Art to Sansa?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 06:36:29 pm »

Just curious, are you using the Sansa in MTP mode?  MTP does not support "folder.jpg."  At least that was the message I got when I tried to drag and drop a folder.jpg manually into an album folder on my e280.  MC may not be able to transfer it, either.

I've found that embedding artwork in the tag is the only surefire way with the Sansa.

Rick

benn600

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:18:45 pm »

That is an important distinction I didn't discuss--thank you for reminding me of that.

I typically use mine in MSC mode (so it's a storage drive).  Perhaps cover art would work in the other, Windows Media Player, mode.  In Mass Storage Class mode, you can just copy folder.jpg to the album folder and it works flawlessly!  Even a 1200x1200 image was resized and displayed (after a 4 second delay).  I will try MTP mode.  But any other input on the issue until I have a chance to try it would be helpful.

Does anyone else use a Sansa with MC?  What have your experiences been like?

Addition:  Lucky!  Must be nice to have 8GB!  I only have 6GB.  The 8GB version wasn't available when I purchased mine for a summer vacation.

benn600

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:43:24 am »

IT WORKS!  I'm so amazed!  Why was I using MSC mode all this time?  Because I didn't like that Microsoft owned mode, MTP.  In MTP mode, however, cover art copies with NO issue!  Also, I don't want to wait for database refreshes all the time!  It's a bit slower on copying but saves me time later!  Thanks!

I'm a happy camper!

RFB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 04:03:44 pm »

Your welcome.  :)

Rick

benn600

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 04:28:21 pm »

This brings up a general cover art question.  I don't think Media Center is doing any resizing on my cover art.  Can a cover art conversion option be added to the conversion section?  I set it up to resize images to 320x240 but based on the slowness of starting songs, I'm thinking MC copied my full quality 1200x1200 cover images.  If this images resize option applied to cover art, that would be great too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up