INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Tempo & Pitch Plugins?  (Read 1186 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
2 Tempo & Pitch Plugins?
« on: January 16, 2007, 11:41:13 pm »

I just checked my DSP studio and noticed I have two entries for Temp & Pitch.  I did install this very useful plugin quite a while ago but have no idea how I got two entries.  Also, one of the entries has two sliders but the second (top of the two) has an additional slider--Rate.  The other two are Tempo and Pitch.  The second listing with Rate has this text:
Change the tempo and pitch at the same time (like speeding up or slowing down a record)

It almost looks like a newer version but I see that the current version is 1.0.0.  Any ideas on the difference between these two?  How can I remove the older one with only two sliders?

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
Re: 2 Tempo & Pitch Plugins?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:56:43 pm »

I think itīs a change in the a build, that itīs included with the .exe . So you donīt need to install the plugin anymore. Maybe because you installed the plugin.... you have 2 entries. I canīt remember, with build it was, but   I believe that there was st like "Encluded tempo and pith to the dsp studio".
Maybe itīs a newer version than the plugin.

Modify:

Look at this

12.0.133 (12/15/06)

1. Fixed: Misspelled the word 'Swap' on DVD properties.
2. NEW: Tempo, pitch, and rate DSP included as a default DSP.
3. NEW: Tempo & Pitch plugin nicely handles 4.0 and 5.1 sound.
4. NEW: Added "Rate" to the Tempo & Pitch plugin. (discovery: Bon Jovi at +0.3x = Stevie Nicks)

5. Changed: Tempo & Pitch plugin frees all resources and doesn't touch the input data when enabled with all sliders at +0.00x.
6. Changed: Made default DSP Studio studio pages more visually similar.
7. Fixed: Could not start playing TV in Theater View.
8. Fixed: Playback time display wouldn't nicely handle DSP plugins that changed the length / rate of playback.
9. NEW: Tapping "Pause / Break" in Theater View will loop through on screen status messages. (draw speed, some video card capabilities, etc.)
10. Optimized: Several Theater View optimizations to improve draw performance and lower CPU usage. (<5% CPU usage is typical with a modern video card)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 12:06:45 am »

Wow.  Great find!  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'm happy to hear that J River is including that standard.

That's one of the pros & cons of plugins.  People often find plugins so useful and important that they want them to be included as default and in this case, I think that was a great move.  That is such a useful plugin!

Addition: I remember reading that the plugin doesn't touch audio at +0.0x and thinking that seemed strange that it would be listed there when it was an independent plugin.  What a surprise!  I should have read above.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 03:23:35 am »

The old plugin had problems with some multichannel output settings. These problems are fixed in the new integrated version. You should uninstall the old version. (Tools > Plug-In Manager...)

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37557.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up