INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asking for a smarter rio 500 plugin  (Read 725 times)

nivw

Asking for a smarter rio 500 plugin
« on: September 01, 2002, 01:53:36 pm »

Here is the secnerio,
I am off to walk the dog in 15 min. I connect my rio 500 to my pc to shove-in a fresh album. Naturaly I format the internal memory.
Now I need to add a new sub-dir. I have to scroll all the way back to album I wanted to u/l. I have to drag-it to the subfolder.

Can`t I just tag the files and ask MJB to put them on the Rio?
Then I need to come back after MJB converted the music to mp3 to turn the Rio back on (cause it went asleep).
All in all I need to be near my PC from almost the whole while.

Please consider making the Rio plugin less time consuming for the user.
Hope it didn't came out bad. I still stand by MJB as being the best all-in-one solution.
Niv

nivw

RE:Asking for a smarter rio 500 plugin
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 09:02:49 am »

Please responde?

steve

RE:Asking for a smarter rio 500 plugin
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 10:34:30 am »

Niv,

The design decisions as to how files upload to handhelds were made to accomodate a large variety of players. Specifically with the Rio, we must accomodate their decision to force users to include subfolders and to allow less than maximum flexibility. Your post implies that the way MJ interacts with the Rio is incredibly cumbersome. I think this is unfair and inaccurate.  Could it be improved? yes, but within the parameters of what we have to work with, it is pretty good.

Try dragging one file to the folder where you want everything to go and then right click and do "send-to" for all subsequent files and they will go to where the first file went.
Pages: [1]   Go Up