INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sansa View?  (Read 1153 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Sansa View?
« on: January 17, 2007, 05:33:01 pm »

I was looking around the Sandisk web site and noticed the Sansa View.
http://sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1231)-Sansa_View__Pocket_Video_Player.aspx
It looks promising, especially with a 4" screen.  My iPaq HX4700 has a 4" screen and it is very handy for viewing video.  It looks like this won't be out for a short or long while because I don't see it for sale quite yet.  I have heard that the Sansa is one of the leading MP3 players (behind the iPod of course).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Sansa View?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:54:23 pm »

I have a Sansa e270 (well, I bought it for my wife for Christmas so really she has it).  We love it.

I don't like the video or image playback on the e2xx series though, since you have to run them through the SanDisk converter utility before they can be uploaded.  This only takes a few seconds, but it's annoying (and it means MC can't upload video or images directly to the device).

With a 6GB flash based player though, she isn't planning to use it for video much (and converting the images really takes no time at all).

All in all though, I'd strongly recommend it.  If the "View" is anything like the e2xx series (preferably without the annoying conversion thing) then it'd be worth checking out.  Personally, I want one of these things here.  I just want them to release a 80GB (or 160GB) version like they did for the older model.

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Sansa View?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:38:31 am »

It is really too bad that Sandisk went with a proprietary solution.  Perhaps someone out there knows what the Sandisk Media Converter does that's special.  I have copied images and they never show up.  I don't even want to install the Sandisk Media Converter but I might need to for a test.  I am not going to run a second piece of software to sync.  Either MC can do it or I won't be doing it.  Sandisk should release what its product does so MC could potentially add syncing of pictures or best yet, video.

Images come to under 20KB (I would bet) if you don't add zoom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up