INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12.0.147 Ipod ratings not shown/lost  (Read 1481 times)

SnakeZZ

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
12.0.147 Ipod ratings not shown/lost
« on: January 18, 2007, 07:52:05 am »

Hi there!

First of all: Kudos to the DEV People! I have an MC10 License and not been using it recently because I found it too slow. I am evaluating MC12 since a few days and am astonished by the speed-ups! Great job! Applause! Applause!

I have tried out syncing my Ipod Photo (60GB - 9830/SAZ), which works fine, BUT:
When I rate a song on the ipod the rating will not be synced back to MC12.

Ratings MC12 --> IPOD work fine.

When I open the IPOD from "Drives & Devices" and browse the library on the Ipod
   - ratings done on the IPOD are not shown and will not be synced
   - album art is not shown as a miniature (where the note-symbol resides)
   - last played, last skipped, number plays and skip count are also empty and won't be synced I guess.

When I manually set a rating on the IPOD from "Drives & Devices", the change won't be written to the ipod.

Are those bugs or is there no functionality for this?

Bye and Thanks!

SnakeZZ

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
Re: 12.0.147 Ipod ratings not shown/lost
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 10:02:13 am »

Have you tried checking Tools->Options->Handheld->Get play stats from handheld on connect?

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:04:37 am »

What firmware are you running on the iPod?  Apple made some changes in their newer firmware that changed/broke functionality in MC.  MC 12 was updated to work with the latest firmware, but it may not work with older versions of the firmware.

SnakeZZ

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 12:32:17 pm »

Hi!

Thanks for the quick answers!

I am running on the latest firmware that you automatically get installed when you press the "restore"-button in iTunes
The "Tools->Options->Handheld->Get play stats from handheld on connect"-option is activated.

A reboot seems to have done it! Now

- number plays
 - last played
 - rating

get synced, but only when I press "Recheck sync" before doing the sync.

It seems that when repeatedly connecting and disconnecting the iPod with MC12 open, the syncing does not longer work that way. "Number plays" and "last played" get synced to the library automatically without me doing anything (auto-sync is NOT activated).
Also it takes ages for the iPod being detected by MC (might be my WinXP??), with MC being frozen for about 2-3 Minutes.

The "last skipped" and "number of skips" are not working at all. Is the ipod not collecting these infos?

SnakeZZ

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 06:31:41 pm »

I am seeing the 'long time to connect' as well.  Not sure if that is an MC or a WinXP thing.

I have been having constant issues with MC not 'seeing' my iPod properly (have a long thread about it that JRiver is probably tired of me updating :)), I can't get that play data to sync across until I get a 'good' connection (which sometimes requires a couple of connect attempts).

The 'skipped' fields were recently added to MC, but as far as I can tell they currently do nothing.  Possibly there for future functionality (remember this IS a beta).
Pages: [1]   Go Up