INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Player won't eject  (Read 2362 times)

Joe777

CD Player won't eject
« on: September 01, 2002, 12:10:49 pm »

Hello all.  I just upgraded to MJ 8.0 and had a problem while burning CDs.  MJ burns the CD fine but afterward when I try to eject, nothing works.  I have to restart my computer to get the CD player to open.  This never happened with my older version of MJ.  Is there a fix for this?

Ken Brookings

RE:CD Player won't eject
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 09:35:07 am »

I've got the same problem.  If I learn anything I'll let you know, please do the same.  Thanks much.
Ken Brookings
ken@ksq.com

Joe777

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 11:29:20 am »

I updated my ASPI and am still having the same problem.   JimH, do you have any advice on how to fix this?  Several people seem to have this problem.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 12:11:05 pm »

Try leaving it for a few minutes.  It takes some time to complete the close after the CD has been written.  May not be it, but worth a try.

Otherwise, I don't know.  The FAQ here may help.

Post your system info here by going to MJ/Help and doing copy system info and then paste it here.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2002, 12:11:13 pm »

Try leaving it for a few minutes.  It takes some time to complete the close after the CD has been written.  May not be it, but worth a try.

Otherwise, I don't know.  The FAQ here may help.

Post your system info here by going to MJ/Help and doing copy system info and then paste it here.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Joe777

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2002, 12:20:14 pm »

I changed my MJ settings from "use internal ASPI layer" to "use generic driver" and this actually seemed to work (I was able to eject my CD after a test burn), but I really would like to avoid mandatory 2 second gaps and I also want to use CD text.  I have included my system info below.  I should note that the CDs that I have burned have turned out fine--I just have to restart the computer to get the drive to eject.

--
Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.356
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2545 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0003
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Joe777

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2002, 12:25:17 pm »

Waiting a while doesn't help with getting the drive to eject.  I wonder if my drive is not recognized by MJ completely.  My computer is a Dell that I just purchased fairly recently and my CD-RW drive model is HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B.

Ken Brookings

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2002, 05:41:37 am »

I also have the "won't eject" problem and my system is the same, new Dell, XP and the same burner.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2002, 06:52:05 am »

Ken-

If you select the "use generic driver" option like Joe777 did, does it solve the problem?

- John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2002, 07:13:48 am »

Joe777-

You said that you didn't have the problem with an older version of MJ, but you also said you recently purchased a new computer with a new burner. Did the older MJ work with your current burner?

The reason I ask is that there seems to be a common thread with people having problems with newer LG burners using the "Goldenhawk" (non-generic) driver. You've got the 8400b model and masterblaster in another thread had the same eject problem with an LG 8320b model.

Did you uncheck the "use internal ASPI layer" and reboot your computer? Then go into cd writer settings and see if "use internal aspi layer" is still unchecked. Then uncheck "use generic driver" and see if you can burn without problems. Let us know in any case.

Thanks,
- John T.

Ken Brookings

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2002, 10:56:31 am »

John, yes, selecting generic driver does allow the cd tray to open.  This will get me by but I look forward to a fix so that I can utilize the lost capabilities that come with the ASPI driver.

I REALLY need help in another area.  I'm sure this is user ignorance at work, but I've invested way too much time and need help.  When I was testing MJ and imported my Windows Media Player data base of 1300 files things worked perfectly.  Song titles appeared cleanly in the Name catagory, Artist name under Artist and Album name in the Album catagory (I don't care about the other catagories much).
Somehow I changed this so I get:
Name Artist

00 - 16 Most Requested Songs - 16 Most Requested Songs - Sarah Vaughan 04 The Nearness of You 16 Most Requested Songs 16 Most Requested Songs
I've juggled the various choices from "Fill Properties from Filename" in everyway I can think of but cannot get song titles to appear alone under Name.
Could you please give me the settings needed to get all of this right.  By the the way, I uninstalled MJ and reinstalled to get a fresh start but it did not go back to the right data in the right catagory.  Thanks much,
Ken

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2002, 10:12:55 am »

Ken, can you give me a few more details about what your properties are, namely:

-an example filename
-what MJ has currently for Artist, Album, Name

Thanks.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Joe777

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2002, 03:01:25 pm »

JohnT, in answer to your first question, I used the older version of MJ on my current computer/CD writer without problems.  It was only when I upgraded to MJ 8.0 that I started having problems.

I unchecked both "use generic driver" and "use internal ASPI" then restarted my computer.  "use internal ASPI" remained unchecked.  I then tried to test burn a CD.  This time, MJ could never seem to finish the CD--it said "finishing" but never actually finished.  I cancelled out of the burn and once again my CD writer wouldn't eject.    

It's frustrating that I never had problems with MJ 7.5 but am now having problems since I've upgraded to 8.0.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I'd rather not have to use the generic driver option as my stereo system had CD text and I don't want to lose this on my burned CDs.

Joe777

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2002, 06:03:09 pm »

JohnT, do you have any advice on how to fix this problem?

sn0wman

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2002, 07:47:05 pm »

I'm having the same problem with the cd player not ejecting after a burn. Particularly when I write to a CD-RW disc. I have to restart the computer in order to get the CD out. I've read that some of you were able to work around this but I'm not sure how to tweak the system. Any word on a fix for this in the next minor release?

Thanks.

sn0wman@attbi.com

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.302
Install Path: D:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 500 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 68 MB
Resource Info: System - 60 %, GDI - 77 %, User - 60 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1017) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2002, 05:22:22 am »

snowman-

Which cdr model do you have? Does the name start with "LG"? (Look in the drop down box in cd writer settings).
Try checking the option "use generic driver" and see if it helps. Please let us know.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up