INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playback issues with my external firewire dvd drive  (Read 1071 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
playback issues with my external firewire dvd drive
« on: January 20, 2007, 09:21:49 am »

I'm seeing a few playback issues with my external firewire dvd drive and dvd movies.

Playback with the ffdshow directshow filter was stuttery and unwatchable. so i had to change the audio renderer to the intervideo windvd one.

Video playback stuttered occasionally. Lots of slowdown and then speedups to catch up.

Once, when the playback screen was detached to my second monitor, I was unable to select the media center interface on the first monitor. The cursor kept going behind the program.

Then another time, when the player window was already detached, I pressed stop and then play again, and the dvd started playing in a separate active x (or action something or other) window, back on monitor A.

Then another time, when i finished playing a dvd and hit the close button on the detached screen, there were two display action windows in the main interface. One said "Click here to bring the display back" and the other one was open but empty inside.
After that, everything sorta froze up, and the disk wouldn't spin down and the whole pc kinda froze up, so i had to turn off the dvd drive and force close MC.

When playing the same dvd using intervideo dvd, I occasionally get stutter if i launch programs while the dvd is playing, but other than that everything plays smoothly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: playback issues with my external firewire dvd drive
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 09:34:01 am »

This could be a problem with an overeager virus checker or it could be a drive firmware problem.  I don't think this is an MC problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up