INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing / Preventing Cover Art from being added to the Library as Pictures  (Read 986 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

Hi,
I noticed that my Music's Cover Art has been added to the Picture Library.  I had the default for Music Cover Art to be saved as "Artist - Album.JPG" not "folder.jpg".  I also have the Auto Import check box for "Ignore Special Files (like folder.jpg)" ticked.  What is the best way to get rid of the Cover Art from the Picture Library:
1) Can I rename all my cover art to folder.jpg automatically?
2) Can I get MC to ignore this cover art simply?
3) Any other ideas?

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

dcwebman

I also have the cover art as Artist - Album.jpg, but have decided I want them in MC. The only way I can think of to not get Auto Import to include them is to remove the JPG extension from the folder where your music is. If you do manage images in MC, you may want to put those in another location.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

If they're stored in a single directory, set it up as an "exclude".

akamia

• Recent member

Hi,

My folder convention is: Artist _ Album

My name convention is: Artist _ Album _ Track _ Title

So, in some folders I have:

Artist _ Album _ Track _ Title.mp3
Artist _ Album _ Track _ Title.mpg
Artist _ Album _ Track _ Title.txt
Artist _ Album _ Track _ Title.jpg
folder.jpg

How can I get covers automatically for the *.mpg files? For the *.mp3 they are all stored in the files.

"Artist - Album" is not an alternative for me, also an specific folder for covers. Can I change it to "Artist _ Album"?

akamia

Server2016 / OMV3 / JRiver 22 / JRemote / Denon X4000 / Vu+Solo4k / CCU2 / ioBroker / FHEM

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Thanks - sounds like a Bulk Rename to "folder.jpg" may work well for me - what is the best way to do this in MC so I don't trash everthing!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up