INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater Mode usability request  (Read 712 times)

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
Theater Mode usability request
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:33:23 pm »

Hello

Thanks for the improvements to Theater mode in MC12.  It's getting better, but it still "needs work" in my opinion.  I hope that some of these would be considered minor enough to warrant your development team's consideration.

1. Please add "Remove from Playing Now" to the context menu that you see when you right-click on something.

2. Please add "Add (as next to Play)" to the same context menu.

3. Make a global "disallow dupes in Playing Now" option that can consistently prevent dupes.  If that is not possible, we need some way to manually invoke the the "Remove Dupes from Playing Now" command from within Theater View.  I often need to add overlapping playlists, but have to switch out of Theater to remove the resulting dupes.

4. Make it possible for "Interface plug-in" authors to modify Theater View beyond mere skinning.  Things like modifying the context menu (so we could add #1 and #2 above, or even #3, ourselves), writing a handler that gets called whenever a user selects something, allowing the plug-in to do something special with it.

5. Make it possible to use Theater View with a "software DirectX renderer" so it will woirk with Remote Desktop.  I know that would be slow, but slow is better than impossible.  NOTE that this should be the behavior of all software that uses DirectX in my opinion. For an example, starting with version 4, Snapstream's Beyond TV does this.

Thanks,
Soundman

Pages: [1]   Go Up