INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV will not work  (Read 567 times)

MelF

TV will not work
« on: August 31, 2002, 09:44:49 pm »

I have a Pinnacle Systems Studio PCTV Pro and I cannot get the TV to work I get some message like no tv but I can get a picture, some random channel, but no other channels though. any ideas?  Mel

roving cowboy

RE:TV will not work
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2002, 10:35:30 pm »

it sounds like your after help in the  wrong spot.?  but it is the right spot now cause i seen it.

if you are talking about a video card with  tv out and it is not working then you should use the proper screen size for the tv on the monitor.  and have the tv  and the monitor turned on both at the  same time  that is what i had to do with the properties panel for the display with my  ati all in wonder card.  it then sent the tv the image from the computer and the computer was sent the images from the tv.  

now if you have that set up right then the trouble is that the cable from the tv to the computer might be too long and taking a drain on the signal stregth.  if you run it from the tv to the vcr then to the computer that is a drain on it so you might need to add in a 10db 60hrz  booster between the tv and vcr  if you have the vcr  if not just make it closer to the tv then the computer.  

that should solve the weak signal.  oh you will need to have the software you use for viewing the tv on the computer set to the proper channel  mostly 3 if you have cable.  but i might be wrong on that number.

if i miss understood your plea for help and answered the wrong way i am sorry.

if you still wish more tech. answers try  www.pcnineoneone.com  that is a very fast fourm  with a lot of good help there.  just sign up for free and start posting.

roving cowboy

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2002, 04:55:48 am »

I assume you mean you're trying to use it with MJ, and that you have done the setup for the card in MJ.

You will need a recent version of MJ, and I think it requires the WDM driver from the manufacturer.  Check their web pages for drivers.

Yaobing will be along in a while to correct me.

A search here for "TV" might give you more info.  There was at least one message in the last 30 days about Pinnacle.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Yaobing

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2002, 06:59:17 am »

You need to install WDM driver in order to make it work with MJ. Furthermore, the manufacturer of your card does not provide a WDM driver. You can install a generic WDM driver from here. This driver works well with Pinnacle Systems' Studio PCTV cards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up