INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: request: add "tracks" listing link next to "play" link.  (Read 1549 times)

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
request: add "tracks" listing link next to "play" link.
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:39:32 am »

Please oh please add this to MC 12. When you hover over the album art there is a "play" link. Next to it have a "tracks" link that will take you directly to the "locate on disk Internal View".

I've been wanting this since I signed on a few Versions ago.

I think Everyone Would love this feature and it seems like a really easy thing to implement. thanks for listening.

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
Re: request: add "tracks" listing link next to "play" link.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:59:57 pm »

Am I the only one that cares about this feature? Wouldn't it be great to have one click track access to albums? Or is the feature already implemented and I missed it? thanks...

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:03:24 pm »

akhunaton,

I am a little confused about what you are actually looking for.  What are the advantages to taking you to "Locate on Disk (Inside Media Center)" as opposed to clicking on the cover art and seeing a listing of the files at the bottom of the screen? 

If the latter is what you are looking for, it may be that you just need to enable the "show files" underneath the cover art.

Hopefully I understood what you were looking for.

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 06:10:32 pm »

Let's say I want to play track #3 in an album.
currently when you hover over the album it shows the tracks but you can't choose which track to play. correct?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 06:25:22 pm »

I think this is what razumik tried to explain:

When you select one of the album thumbnails the bottom list changes accordingly.

You can access this "Always Show Files" option by right-clicking the top bar that has the thumbnail size slider or by clicking the "text + down arrow" area on the top-left.

After the bottom list is visible you can quickly hide and redisplay it by double-clicking the divider. You can adjust the list area size by moving the divider.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 06:46:35 pm »

thanks but this does not work for me in Pane view.  :(

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 06:56:17 pm »

So you use album thumbs on the bottom in the Pane view? You can right-click a bottom album thumbnail for accessing the "Locate > On Disk (inside Media Center)" function.

Personally, I only use panes with a bottom file list for tagging and other file operations. For playing files I use mostly the "thumbs on top & list on bottom" view.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up