INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refreshing track duration  (Read 679 times)

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
Refreshing track duration
« on: January 25, 2007, 05:33:22 pm »

I frequently record FM radio with my ATI card, making an MP3 file. I am able to then double-click the file and play it back in Media Center WHILE it's being recorded. This gives me the ability to pause "live" radio for minutes or even hours and then skip songs (or commercials) I do not wish to hear.

The result is that Media Center may show a track duration of 5 minutes, but an elapsed time of 2 hours, giving me the following in the display:

02:00:00 / 00:05:00 - 224 kbps   1 of 1

In addition, the progress meter becomes useless as it is positioned at 100% while playback continues.

To refresh the duration so that the progress meter becomes useful again requires that I do the following:

1. note the current elapsed time
2. double-click the file in the Playing Now display
3. drag the progress meter to the elapsed time

Would it be possible to provide a way to refresh the duration info so that the display is updated. This way playback would not need to be stopped and restarted.

I can think of a two ways that would be acceptable to me.

1. If Elapsed Time > Duration, perform a refresh.
(This would be my #1 choice as it would be automatic)

2. Add a "Refresh Info" item to the right click of the display window.
(This would give me what I want, but would be a manual process. Also, it would add an item to the right click menu, which may not be desirable as most people would never use it.)

Thanks for your consideration. If you have a better way to implement a refresh, I'm all for it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up