INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12 crashes while transferring to iPod  (Read 1393 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12 crashes while transferring to iPod
« on: January 28, 2007, 02:21:42 pm »

Hi,

This happenned to me twice. I connected iPod to my computer, selected a number of albums to transfer to iPod and hit Transfer. I manage music manually (not sync) with the iPod. The iPod transfer seems to be working fine for some time (about half an hour or so in my case with 1 hour still to go). Then all of a sudden, MC12 stops responding. I have set it up to encode the media when necessary (some of the files being transferred are FLAC and some are mp3).

I am not sure if it is a particular file that is causing this or general use after a while. I was only browsing net through IE at that time - no other application was running.

Thanks,
Osho

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 12 crashes while transferring to iPod
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:39:52 pm »

Others (including me) are having the same problem.  Encoding doesn't seem to be the issue since I'm only trying to transfer mp3s. 

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37974.0

Ironic, just happened to me (again) while typing this post!   I'm going to have to suck it up and use iTunes until this gets fixed...

jalaneme

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 02:42:23 pm »

this build is seriously unstable!

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 02:44:55 pm »

The transfer problem should be corrected over the next few days.  Other than this issue, MC12 is very stable (IMO).

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38279.msg262498#msg262498

jalaneme

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 02:49:28 pm »

The transfer problem should be corrected over the next few days.  Other than this issue, MC12 is very stable (IMO).

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=38279.msg262498#msg262498

you must be kidding me? lol
bugs i have found so far:

crashes when i go to options and enter CD ripping options, by default it's set to Windows media but when i change it to mp3 media center crashes and i have to force it to close :( it also says "audioscrobber not found" i usually like to use mp3 VBA, media center 11 was more stable than this, i also get crashing error messages when i click on library aswell in options.

same thing happens when i go into file, library, "auto import options"

it also seems my mp3 encoder is missing, when i go into plug in setup and click on this the error comes up and media center closes, how can in uninstall and re install plugins?

this build is far from stable!  I've sorted out the mp3 problem eventually, but other problems still persist!

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 03:01:23 pm »

you must be kidding me? lol
bugs i have found so far:

crashes when i go to options and enter CD ripping options, by default it's set to Windows media but when i change it to mp3 media center crashes and i have to force it to close :( it also says "audioscrobber not found" i usually like to use mp3 VBA, media center 11 was more stable than this, i also get crashing error messages when i click on library aswell in options.

same thing happens when i go into file, library, "auto import options"

it also seems my mp3 encoder is missing, when i go into plug in setup and click on this the error comes up and media center closes, how can in uninstall and re install plugins?

this build is far from stable!  I've sorted out the mp3 problem eventually, but other problems still persist!

I'm not saying you are not having issues, but I'm not having any of the issues you are describing.  I use MC everyday.  I have no problems playing music.  I have no problems ripping.  I have the MP3 encoder.  I can see and change my ripping options.  I never have crashing problems when I'm in my library.  Auto import, and auto import options work just fine.

You may have problems with your installation or with 3rd party plug-ins.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 04:08:12 pm »

Others (including me) are having the same problem.  Encoding doesn't seem to be the issue since I'm only trying to transfer mp3s. 

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37974.0

Ironic, just happened to me (again) while typing this post!   I'm going to have to suck it up and use iTunes until this gets fixed...

Are you using the manual mode or "sync to a play list" mode?

I was using the manual sync but due to this issue, decided to switch to "sync to play list" mode (so my selections as to what to transfer aren't lost when this crash occurs). After that I tried to sync - it is at 94% with 6 minutes still to go and hasn't yet crashed. So, I am wondering if this is a "manual mode" issue.

Osho

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 05:17:02 pm »

Are you using the manual mode or "sync to a play list" mode?

I was using the manual sync but due to this issue, decided to switch to "sync to play list" mode (so my selections as to what to transfer aren't lost when this crash occurs). After that I tried to sync - it is at 94% with 6 minutes still to go and hasn't yet crashed. So, I am wondering if this is a "manual mode" issue.

Osho

The sync problem can be when you sync manually or sync using playlists.  The symptom is that MC hangs.  It does not happen all of the time.  I think there will be a fix to this problem early next week.

Randy
Pages: [1]   Go Up