INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server/Client Question  (Read 751 times)

MitchS2005

Server/Client Question
« on: January 28, 2007, 07:36:48 pm »

Hello,

I have been a big fan of Media Center for many years and am currently using version 10.

My question is this: Is it possible to have media center set up in a server/client relationship where a client version of Media Center can control a server version of Media Center on a LAN?

I am aware that you can have multiple versions of Media Center on a LAN and the client program will be able to pull the actual music from the server and play it on the PC where the client software resides.  That is not what I want.  I have a whole house audio system and wish to control the music that is played on the server machine from client programs.

I am currently using Music Lobby (Cinemar), which is a fantastic program that allows me to do just that, but with limited album cover visualization.  Also, Net Remote (Promixis) has similar functionality.  But the way the newer versions of Media Center have fantastic graphics for album covers on large LCD monitors, it makes sense that the perfect remote control client for Media Center would it be, in fact another version of Media Center somehow networked so it can control a server Media Center instance.

Am I missing something? Does this already exist or should I put it on my wish list.

Thank you very much.

Mitch

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Server/Client Question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 11:18:15 pm »

There is a web based interface which you can use from your browser to control media center on another PC but it is very minimalistic (no covert art, basic controls etc.). You can also search for Glissando in the forum...  Here is one link  that may be helpful.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=13031

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up