INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got an Idea for a music server  (Read 977 times)

fuzzy

• Recent member
Got an Idea for a music server
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:10:08 pm »

Ok, I'm sure many people have heard of sonos and their music system. It’s a nice system but there are some shortcomings that we won’t go over here. I was wondering how about JR Media make an add-on to MC12 (13) that would be like sonos with your own hardware (BYOH – bring your own hardware). It would work something like this;

I have a server where I store all my movies/music/pictures etc..

I have 3 media center PC’s . One in my bedroom, on in my den/entertainment area and one in a 2nd bedroom.

I also have a Nokia 800 http://www.nokiausa.com/N800/ (or any other UMPC device)

Now on my server I have MC 12(13) installed and I use it to manage all my media, on all my media center PC’s I have MC agents installed. On my Nokia 800 I have a remote control agent (with a much more cut down interface). Now I will have the ability to select an agent(s) and then stream media to them, I will also have the ability to adjust the volume/channel (and stuff of that nature) from my N800. I can build playlists on the fly and stream it to any agent(s) I have setup and if I select multiple agents they will receive and play the same media. Now JR Media can even charge some extra $$ for these features, like $20 per agent and $30 per remote agent. The benefits to this is that you get the functionality of Sonos (no need to sit in front of a tv/computer to play your media) without being tied too proprietary hardware (kind of like what MS and windows did for the PC world). What do you guys think? Is this possible with MC??

Fuz.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Got an Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 02:27:14 pm »

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Got an Idea for a music server
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 09:07:34 pm »

I'm sure it's possible but how many cell phones would they make it for?  Would it be easy to port?  It definitely has to be easier to use than NetRemote which takes a stylus to work well, and not just a single thumb like on a cell phone.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up