INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing 1 media file  (Read 1487 times)

lemonpie

• Recent member
Missing 1 media file
« on: February 03, 2007, 11:01:04 am »

Hello

Yesterday I've upgraded to Media Center 12.0.157 from MC 11.1.

After importing the database and re-imporing my FLAC media files, I'm missing 1 files.

I have 3730 FLAC files, which are displayed correctly in MC 11.1. In MC 12.0.157 there are only 3729 files, even after re-importing those.

How can I find the missing file? Is this a known bug?

Best regards

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Missing 1 media file
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:37:51 am »

Are you sure that all files in your MC11.1 library are present on the disk too? If you have the "Fix broken links" option selected the MC12 importer removes the files that are not available.

After importing the database and re-imporing my FLAC media files,

Why did you reimport if you restored the database?

In general restoring an MC11.1 library backup file in MC12 should be enough. Everything from your MC11.1 library should be transferrred to MC12 (including statistics, view schemes, playlists etc).

This is likely to change slightly in the future MC12 builds. Probably the new fixes & changes will reset the columns and sorting setups in all view schemes. However, the current MC12 column and sorting setups can be saved as presets (before installing the next new build when it is released) so it is possible to reload them. Otherwise the view schemes will not be resetted.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lemonpie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 11:54:42 am »

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply.

Are you sure that all files in your MC11.1 library are present on the disk too?
Yes, I'm sure that I have 3730 flac files on my NAS. I checked this before I posted here.

Why did you reimport if you restored the database?
After importing the MC 11.1 database, I recognized, that 1 file is missed. So I used the function File > Library > Import Folder... to check, if the missing file will be imported by this way. Unfortunatly I don't now which file is missing, till now.

I started MC 11.1 and imported the same folder (because I ripped some new flac files this afternoon). The result: 3730 flac files = 3730 cd tracks

But as you know, only 3730 flac, but 3730 cd tracks in MC 12.0.157.

How can I compare the flac files vs. the cd files in MC 12, so that I know, which one is missed?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 12:35:38 pm »

Yes, I'm sure that I have 3730 flac files on my NAS. I checked this before I posted here.
After importing the MC 11.1 database, I recognized, that 1 file is missed. So I used the function File > Library > Import Folder... to check, if the missing file will be imported by this way. Unfortunatly I don't now which file is missing, till now.

I started MC 11.1 and imported the same folder (because I ripped some new flac files this afternoon). The result: 3730 flac files = 3730 cd tracks

But as you know, only 3730 flac, but 3730 cd tracks in MC 12.0.157.

It is possible that the MC12 version of the FLAC input plugin does not like one of the filenames for some reason. Have you installed the latest MC12 FLAC plugins from: http://mcplugins.sourceforge.net ?

How can I compare the flac files vs. the cd files in MC 12, so that I know, which one is missed?

MC keeps a CD database of the inserted CDs and you can create a view scheme that shows the CD database files and the FLAC files together. For example, you can paste the following string in the "Step 4" dialog when creating a new view scheme: ~d=mc [File Type]=[cda],[flac]. However, I don't know what search would find the CDA version of the missing FLAC file.

You could try to search for incomplete albums in you FLAC library:
[media type]=[audio] completealbum==0

If you are lucky the search will find an album that has a missing file. Unfortunately, if the missing file happens to be the last track of the album MC does not see the album as "incomplete".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lemonpie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 12:58:35 pm »

It is possible that the MC12 version of the FLAC input plugin does not like one of the filenames for some reason. Have you installed the latest MC12 FLAC plugins from: http://mcplugins.sourceforge.net ?
Yes, I use the latest Plug-in in MC 12. It's not the same version as in MC 11.1, as you know.
I use the FLAC Plug-in version: 2.1.3

You could try to search for incomplete albums in you FLAC library:
[media type]=[audio] completealbum==0
Hey, thanks. I had the luck, that it is not a "last track" that is missed. With your filter I could find the track that will not be available in MC 12.0.157.

The missing track looks not extraordinary for me:
Johnny Copeland - Jungle Swing - 05 - Hold On To What You Got.flac

Any idea, how I could solve the "import" problem?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 01:17:13 pm »

I don't know if this will help, but it's something to check.

Go to your import options and verify that you are not excluding files that were manually removed from the library sometime in the past.

Tools-->Options-->Library & Folders-->Auto-Import Folders-->YOUR FOLDER-->Edit Folder-->Advanced-->Ignore files previously removed from library

rjm

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:51:31 pm »

I noticed an oddity in MC12 a while ago but did not think it was important enough to report.

My "All" view tells me I have 99005 files in my library. When I run import the summary tells me I have one extra file (99006). When I close the summary I still have 99005 in my library.

This may be related to what you are seeing.

lemonpie

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 12:20:41 pm »

Hi there

Very strange. After importing as "Magic_Randy" described, the missing file was there, but with the following wrong tags:

Media Type: Data
Name: Johnny Copeland - Jungle Swing - 05 - Hold On To What You Got
Album: 02.01.2007
Date: 02.01.2007 10:13

Right would be:
Media Type: Audio
Name: Hold On To What You Got
Album: Jungle Swing
Date: 1995

I changed the tags manually. After that, I can remove the file from the database and re-import - and see: Now it works...  :)
Don't now what happened with those tags...

Anyway, thanks for your assistance!

Cheers!

Pages: [1]   Go Up