INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing plalists and Smartlists  (Read 2228 times)

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Missing plalists and Smartlists
« on: February 04, 2007, 12:23:01 pm »

When I upgraded to 12.0.157, most of the default playlists and smartlists disappeared.  I seem to recall a very simple solution to this in MC11, but can't remember what it is. Can anyone help?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing plalists and Smartlists
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 12:29:56 pm »

Right click the main Playlist node in the tree and click 'Add stock smartlists'.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 03:59:05 pm »

That suggestion didn't work.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 04:07:07 pm »

So you clicked it, and nothing happened?  Something is wrong then, and you might want re-install.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 04:09:01 pm »

Just to make sure, you don't have a playist node titled Smartlists with all the stock smartlists in it?

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 07:09:51 pm »

I have a Playlist node called Smarlists, but it only displays 7 Smartlists. If I "Add Stock Smartlists", no new ones are added. If I delete the Smarlist node and "Add Stock Smarlists", I get the same 7 again.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 12:46:17 am »

The "Stock smartlists" have only seven seven items. MC has more predefined smartlist rules in the Create New Smartlist dialog window. Click the down arrow besides the Smartlist Rule box to select a predefined rule.

EDIT

Do you mean that installing a newer MC12 build made your smartlists disappear or did you upgrade from MC11?

If you upgraded from MC11 and you access the same media files with MC12 (in the same locations) you may want to restore an MC11 library backup file. (File > Library > Back Up / Restore Library ...)

That would restore everything you had in the MC11 library: files, database fields, playlists, smartlists, statistics, view schemes etc. Only the program options are not included.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 04:50:14 pm »

7 Smartlists?   I have almost 40 default smartlists...

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 12:00:24 pm »

I've been running MC12 for a few months. Prior to this upgrade, I had ~40 default smartlists. As I stated earlier, I encountered a similar problem in MC11 after an upgrade about a year or so ago. The solution was very simplistic.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 01:41:53 pm »

7 Smartlists?   I have almost 40 default smartlists...

A new library has only seven stock smartlists. The rest of the predefined smartlists are available in a dropdown menu in the "Add Smartlist" dialog window as I explained.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 01:51:45 pm »

I've been running MC12 for a few months. Prior to this upgrade, I had ~40 default smartlists. As I stated earlier, I encountered a similar problem in MC11 after an upgrade about a year or so ago. The solution was very simplistic.

After the smartlist are created it shouldn't matter if they are "default" or manually defined lists. They are all stored similarly in the database and shouldn't suddenly disappear. Do you really mean that installing the v. 12.0.157 removed about 33 smartlists from an MC12 library or do you mean something else?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 06:51:22 pm »

A new library has only seven stock smartlists. The rest of the predefined smartlists are available in a dropdown menu in the "Add Smartlist" dialog window as I explained.

You are correct.

I guess it must have been from an older version of MC and carried over, becuase I never added all of those smartlists in manually.
Pages: [1]   Go Up