INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Number of plays ressetting  (Read 1543 times)

• World Citizen
Number of plays ressetting
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:54:45 pm »

Hi,
The number of plays on all my songs was reset to zero. Please say there is a way to change them back. And why did this happen? I had a really good Top hits which showed the Songs most played out of me and my friends iPods. So can I get back these stats?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Number of plays ressetting
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 02:03:49 pm »

The only way back is by restoring a library backup. These are made automatically; try "File > Library > Restore Library"

As to why?
It's hard to say without more information...
The more you can tell us the better really. Things like:

what version of MC are you using?
are your files on a network drive?
could you expand a little more on how you and your friends interact with your ipods and your library?

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 02:04:15 pm »

Media Center automatically makes library backups. (in Documents & Settings\User\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Library Backups)

Use File > Library > Restore Library to restore a backup.

(note: Marko beat me to the punch)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 02:13:02 pm »

Hi,
The number of plays on all my songs was reset to zero. Please say there is a way to change them back. And why did this happen? I had a really good Top hits which showed the Songs most played out of me and my friends iPods. So can I get back these stats?

Probably something happened. Did your PC crash during a tagging or synching operation?

You can clear all playcounts if you select all files and change the <varies> text to the "empty line" in Action Window > Tag > Number of plays, but that is not likely to happen accidently.

You could restore your latest library backup file. If you have not created backups manually (I do it about daily) you can use an automatically created backup file from:
C:\Documents and Settings\[your Windows username]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Library Backups

EDIT
and you both beat me...

EDIT2
Matt, why the "clear" button was removed? The current system is a bit difficult to understand.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:48:23 am »

I am running Media Center 12.0.151 and my files are on an external hard-disk. It crashed while I was syncing my iPod. 90% of the time it crashes while syncing the iPod. You just have to sit back and hope it doesn't crash when you plug in the iPod. But thanks for the tip about restoring library backup. It worked perfectly. I just re imported the files that I had imported since the last back up was made. All the tags were correct since I had edited them last time I imported them. It was no hassle really.

Cheers

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 12:12:14 pm »

I am running Media Center 12.0.151 and my files are on an external hard-disk. It crashed while I was syncing my iPod. 90% of the time it crashes while syncing the iPod.

Please always update to the newest version of MC12 before reporting problems.  The newest version of MC can always be found in a "sticky post" at the top of this board.

If you check the changes list of all the versions since 12.0.151, you'll see that many handheld related changes have been made.  Reporting (and agonizing over) problems that were fixed weeks ago is a bit of a waste of time...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up