INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.164  (Read 14696 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.164
« on: February 06, 2007, 06:30:21 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120164.exe

12.0.164 (02/06/07)

1. Fixed: WMA importer would only read synchronized lyrics instead of reading both standard or synchronized lyrics. (use Library Tools > Update Library (from tags) to fix)
2. Fixed: Files with large album art could cause the iRiver Clix to hang during upload.
3. Fixed: Files with large album art would not show art on the Zen Vision M.
4. NEW: Added Ctrl+5 as a keyboard shortcut to toggle detaching and reattaching the display.
5. Changed: Allow EXIF time to be read if the EXIF and IPTC dates match (IPTC date tag does not include time).
6. Fixed: Clicking videos inside Video > Google Video didn't show the "Download", "Play", etc. options.
7. NEW: Added a function PadNumber(...) to allow forcing numbers to a certain number of digits. (for example, when renaming, use PadNumber([Track #], 3) to get 001, 002, 003, etc.)
8. NEW: Added the ability to delete albums to the MyGal dialog.
9. Fixed: Scheduled stream recordings did not play SHOUTCast playlists (media type missing).
10. NEW: Choices dialog box for SHOUTcast has option for recording stream.

12.0.163 (02/05/07)

1. Changed: Refined digital TV recording code to try to fix DVB-T recording failure when start recording from a non-time-shifting state.
2. NEW: DVD Lookup/Submission includes cover art.
3. Fixed: TV would error out after scanning for digital channels and before saving the scanned channels (introduced in build 162).
4. Fixed: DVD Lookup would display "DVD not found" error too often (such as during Theater View)
5. Fixed: An MP3 that was playing could not be transferred to a WMDM device.
6. Fixed: Transferring a handheld cancel could fail when conversions were in progress. (especially with 4 running at a time)
7. Fixed: Sorting the "Status" column during a handheld upload (and possibly other status related actions) could cause a hang.
8. Optimized: Improved how responsive Media Center is while performing handheld uploads with several conversions running at once.
9. Fixed: The "Web Media" toolbar button would not work properly.

12.0.162 (02/02/07)

1. NEW: View layouts can be applied to their child views using the view drop menu at the top of every view. (mouse over the view title text to see)
2. Fixed: DVB-T TV would hang on scanning or tuning.
3. Changed: (Experimental) A new method for obtaining digital TV signal strength for both ATSC and DVB-T TV.
4. Changed: More tweaks in DVB-T tuning.

12.0.161 (02/01/07)

1. NEW: (Experimental) Attempt to add desired audio component to a tune request before submitting the request for DVB-T TV.
2. Fixed: DVB-T channel scanning could not be canceled.
3. NEW: Clicking SHOUTcast selects brings up (optional) choices box.
4. Fixed: Minor logging bug in TV.
5. Changed: DVB-T will try activate desired audio stream even though DirectShow reports that it is already active.
6. Changed: Digital TV Channel switching event handler is protected by critical section.
7. Fixed: Columns for renamed library fields couldn't be nicely removed using the "Columns" menu available at the top of the view. (or by right-click)
8. NEW: The "Columns" menu has "Add Expression Column..." at the top of it.
9. Fixed: Some "Logging" changes wouldn't take effect until a program restart.
10. Fixed: Certain MP3s could cause a crash during iPod upload.
11. NEW: Added "Presets" to view header title menu to allow saving and loading all view settings. (columns, sorting, thumb sizes, etc.)
12. NEW: Playlist views inherit view settings from their parent groups.  This allows making lots of playlists (or new playlists) all look the same.
        (Pick Preset > Default to reset a playlist so it falls back to the group's settings)
        (You can also customize an individual playlist inside a group)
13. NEW: Library specific options like auto-import folders get stored with a backup.
14. Fixed: View scheme view settings are no longer tied to view scheme names. (so renaming or moving a view scheme won't discard settings)

NOTE: Columns, sorting, and thumbnail sizes will be reset with this build.  This is to accomodate
all of the view setting related changes. (presets, playlist inheritance, more robust library view storage, etc.)
Sorry for any inconvenience.

12.0.159 (01/31/07)

1. Changed: Revised how web page script errors are suppressed so that other (sometimes necessary) messages aren't also suppressed.
2. Optimized: When clicking "Sync" for a large sync, Media Center will no longer pause for a while.
3. Changed: The "Status" column for the handheld sync shows more specific errors for some cases. (trying to transfer a URL, CDA, etc.)
4. Changed: When Theater View runs an external program, it minimizes (and restores when it's done) instead of showing Standard View.
5. Changed: Picking "Close" from the right-click menu of the task bar icon works like other close commands in MC. (exits special view modes, then closes on second press)
6. Fixed: Some right-click task bar system commands wouldn't work nicely with Theater View.
7. Changed: Theater View behaves nicely when minimized, even with "Keep focus" selected in options.
8. Fixed: The system tray icon would not have any text (tooltip or properties dialog) until something was played.
9. Changed: Renamed "Yes (leave network files)" to "Yes (protect network files)".
10. NEW: Additional event handler for digital TV channel changing events.
11. Changed: Simplified tuning procedure when changing from a DVB-T channel to another with only audio stream change.
12. NEW: Rating is supported for WMDM devices. (if the device supports it)

12.0.158 (01/30/07)

1. Updated: Update the version of DCraw used for decoding some RAW image formats.
2. Fixed: In Display View, the visualization picker menu could show in a slightly incorrect position.
3. NEW: DVD Lookup in YADB.
4. Changed: DVB-T audio program selection is done asynchronously (please test both tuning and scanning).
5. NEW: Reworked how duplicate files are handled for a handheld transfer. (instead of a popup warning, the files show in the list with "Duplicate" shown in the status column)
6. Changed: Podcast are now sorted in descending order by date.
7. Fixed: Tag editing universal edit control now saves items selected via "space".
8. Fixed: When hot-swapping skins, the search control wouldn't properly update its shape.
9. NEW: Added DVB-T frequency tables for Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg (thanks to thenoob1 for providing the information).
10. Changed: The "Fix broken links: Yes (leave network files)" will still consider a network file missing if the file can not be found but the directory the file is in can be found.

marrahm

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 12.0.164
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:34:41 pm »

Jim,

sorry if this is a dumb questions, but is autoupdate in 12 turned on yet? 

Thanks,
Mike

rjm

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:19:28 pm »

Import still reports dvds have changed when they haven't.

I love the new ctrl-5, thanks!

xlrisk

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 10:47:03 pm »

Absolutely love the "view settings" changes. Huge improvement. Thanks.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 01:22:17 am »

NEW: Playlist views inherit view settings from their parent groups !

:) ;) :D

Genius !

Bravissimo,

... et merci !

Jean-Marc

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:04:17 am »

I've having troubles with the Track Info pages and the client computer I am streaming to.  If I use the "Convert Audio If Neccessary" Or "Always Convert" setting for the Library Server Conversion, the Track Info page does not show any of the information. It has the template, but all the fields are blank. If I have the conversion set to "Do Not Convert" the track info page works fine.

Drew

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 11:33:52 am »

sorry if this is a dumb questions, but is autoupdate in 12 turned on yet? 
We don't push updates out to everyone until we're sure they're good.  The build here is often newer.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 11:46:02 am »

There is an Option to turn off thumbnails from showing up. I have set it such that I do not get the thumbs - however, they still show up in Theatre View.  Am I doing something wrong here  ?

Also, I am still struggling with the context menu showing up on the currect item in theatre view. If I map right mouse click to my remote and press that, then I get the context menu on whatever item the mouse happens to sit - and not on the item that I have highlighted.

is there a solution for this problem  ?

Many thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 12:07:43 pm »

Also, I am still struggling with the context menu showing up on the currect item in theatre view. If I map right mouse click to my remote and press that, then I get the context menu on whatever item the mouse happens to sit - and not on the item that I have highlighted.

This is expected.  Right-mouse button always looks at the mouse position.

Use the keyboard "apps" button to show a menu independent of the mouse position. (VK_APPS)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 01:08:44 pm »

[...]
1. NEW: View layouts can be applied to their child views using the view drop menu at the top of every view. (mouse over the view title text to see)
[...]

THANK YOU !!  :D
Couldn't it become before I changed the biggest part of my playlists manually  ;)

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 03:25:43 pm »

Sync'ing a Creative MuVo V100 2gb handheld yields only o.7 MB/Sec transfer rate, is this "normal"?
My Sandisk sync'ed at over 10x this speed if I recall correctly.
. . . the game is rigged

TimMedcalf

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 03:37:34 pm »

I'm sure I'm being extremely dumb, but with the view scheme changes, i've lost the ability to "Show Files Below" my Thumbnails....and for the life of me i can't work out how to switch it back on! If i hover over an album thumbnail it only shows "Play"...Help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 04:44:31 pm »

I'm sure I'm being extremely dumb, but with the view scheme changes, i've lost the ability to "Show Files Below" my Thumbnails....and for the life of me i can't work out how to switch it back on! If i hover over an album thumbnail it only shows "Play"...Help!

Hover your mouse over the word "Panes" at the top of your audio view.  You can pick to look at albums, genres, etc.  That same menu also has the option to always show files. (instead of just after you press "File" on a thumbnail)

larry653@bellsouth.net

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 05:23:58 pm »

I am totaly new at this stuff!  First, I upgraded and paid for 12.  DVD play caused a total shutdown.  Downloaded and installed MC 12.0.164. During install I checked custom.  I wanted to install on other hd than C drive.  I wan not offered choice like I was with first install.  Now I have mc12 on drive C and drive E.
Still DVD play totaly shuts down MC.  If it will help, I can send txt file reported to Microsoft. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 05:40:06 pm »

I am totaly new at this stuff!  First, I upgraded and paid for 12.  DVD play caused a total shutdown.  Downloaded and installed MC 12.0.164. During install I checked custom.  I wanted to install on other hd than C drive.  I wan not offered choice like I was with first install.  Now I have mc12 on drive C and drive E.
Still DVD play totaly shuts down MC.  If it will help, I can send txt file reported to Microsoft.  Please Help!!!!!!!!!
Respectuly
Larry

Upgrade installs don't allow picking an install path.

You'll need to uninstall and reinstall to change the install location.

For the DVD issue, try Options > Playback > DVD Settings... and try choosing different decoders.

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 06:37:28 pm »

Scrolling not working properly in VISTA.
I'm using Microsoft Wireless Laser mouse 6000.
The scroll function in browser screen of MC works as long as you move the scroll button extremely fast, which isn't very practical.  If you try and scroll in Firefox, explorer at regular speeds it works fine.
I have the latest Microsoft ipoint driver installed.
Please help.

Media Center 12.0.157 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Pentium 4 3190 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1487 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     DVD+RW DV-W58E     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 06:46:37 pm »

Scrolling not working properly in VISTA.
I'm using Microsoft Wireless Laser mouse 6000.
The scroll function in browser screen of MC works as long as you move the scroll button extremely fast, which isn't very practical.  If you try and scroll in Firefox, explorer at regular speeds it works fine.
I have the latest Microsoft ipoint driver installed.
Please help.

Media Center 12.0.157 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Intel Pentium 4 3190 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1487 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     DVD+RW DV-W58E     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

We couldn't reproduce this on Vista.

Could you try disabling (or uninstalling) the special mouse driver software?  Mouse software has a history of making standard things not work.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 07:13:50 pm »

Annoyance:

When selecting several files, on the desktop for example, to play in MC and right-clicking->play in MC...only 1 file ends up in the playing now once MC loads up.

If, however, MC is already running, then all the files selected at once make it to the playing now.

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 09:27:30 pm »

Four times tonight I've lost my "track info" display, it reverts to just the album cover.  There is no other indication of any error and the music keeps playing normally.

I then try to close MC and I get the "MC Must Close, sorry for the inconvenience..." dialog TWICE and then another error box saying the memory cannot be read at address ....

Restarting MC immediately brings back the correct Track Info display ... for a while.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 09:41:41 pm »

Getting the same loss of Track Info as above.

Just thought you should know.

TimMedcalf

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 01:59:16 am »

Hover your mouse over the word "Panes" at the top of your audio view.  You can pick to look at albums, genres, etc.  That same menu also has the option to always show files. (instead of just after you press "File" on a thumbnail)

Cheers Matt...That solved it...kinda! I had to change the view from "Pane" to one of the others to get it to show either the "Always Show Files" option, and the "Thumbnail Hover File".

It seems that its not possible to have the screen split into three sections - Panes at the top, Thumbnails in the middle and Files at the bottom.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the use of the Panes section...but  is this correct behaviour? (or me being dumb again!)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 02:39:49 am »

I installed this newer version and got a lot of trouble in my view scheme.
Text that was showing under thumbs is now only "name".

My "latest imported" scheme isn't sorting on latest imported anymore...

So some settings are gone or replaced.

What's going on?

ALSO in VIDEO it shows only "VIDEO_TS" instead of the things I wanted to show.
I'm a bit upset since it took me a long time to have it the way I want.

Thanks,

Theo

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 03:07:07 am »

I changed my system to the day before to have all my old setting back and MC 12.0.147
I loaded my LIBRARY again and that seems to solve my problems.

But when installing MC 12.0.164 again I get the same problems.
I looked into the Library Manager and it seems that it doesn't load my Library.
The Location area is greyed out. When I browse into it it doesn't load the Library as it did with 12.0.147 again.
I will go back to 12.0.147 till it is known what happens.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 07:38:48 am »

You will need to manually update your view settings when updating from an older build.

This is to accomodate all the new "View Layout" changes.  The new system should make getting things back the way you want pretty easy. (save / load presets, apply to children, etc.)  Look in the "View Layout" menu by hovering your mouse over the title of any view.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 07:59:48 am »

I changed my system to the day before to have all my old setting back and MC 12.0.147
I loaded my LIBRARY again and that seems to solve my problems.

But when installing MC 12.0.164 again I get the same problems.
I looked into the Library Manager and it seems that it doesn't load my Library.
The Location area is greyed out. When I browse into it it doesn't load the Library as it did with 12.0.147 again.
I will go back to 12.0.147 till it is known what happens.

As a workaround, you can save your current column layout and sorting order settings as presets. You must do this for each different setting separately. After installing the new build you can use the presets when regonfiguring the views. This saved me a lot of time because I use several view schemes that have over 50 visible columns.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 08:21:03 am »

I think this needs to be more visible. (We had a discussion in the closed beta forum, but that is not available for all forum members.)

From the first post:
12.0.161 (02/01/07)...

NOTE: Columns, sorting, and thumbnail sizes will be reset with this build.  This is to accomodate
all of the view setting related changes. (presets, playlist inheritance, more robust library view storage, etc.)
Sorry for any inconvenience.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 10:29:42 am »

Use the keyboard "apps" button to show a menu independent of the mouse position. (VK_APPS)

Thanks JimH,  but:  Where do I find the "apps" button on my keyboard?   And why so complicated?  Using the enter button (or "Ok" on a remote) to bring up the context menu makes much more sense - as it was in Version 11.

But I am fighting windmills here I guess  :-\

Anyway, If you could advise where I find the apps key, that would be great

Thanks
BB

marcusaschneider

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 03:37:21 pm »

a burning issue:

when trying to burn mp3 data cds from a larger collection of flac (~4 GB, automatic file conversion to mp3, lame, standard quality) with disc spanning enabled, mc creates images of about 810 MB and tries to write them on a standard 80 min / 700 M disc. This of course fails.

Media Center Registered 12.0.164 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Intel Unknown 1861 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2094 MB, Free - 1277 MB

Ripping /   Drive F: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-4550A   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive F: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-4550A    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Tor

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 03:43:18 pm »

Ripping issus in 12.0.164:

It seems as if there is an error when inserting audio CD that returns with no hits on the YADB. After cancelling and putting in a new cd MC will not read the info from the drive. OK after restart of program. The error is repeatable.

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 06:38:31 pm »

I've tried to upgrade on two machines using "check for updates". After the updates download I get an errror (31) and the install is aborted. So I'm stuck on version 12.0.154 :(

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 06:44:05 pm »

Just visit the download page and get the latest build there.  Sorry for the problem.

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 06:58:01 pm »

The splash screen reflects 2007 in the copyright, but the 'about...' doesn't.

lOth

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 08:46:33 pm »

ALT+Shift (Windows default shortcut to change the keyboard input language) doesn't seem to work anywhere in MC --> stuck with windows default input language.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 12:12:43 am »

You will need to manually update your view settings when updating from an older build.

This is to accomodate all the new "View Layout" changes.  The new system should make getting things back the way you want pretty easy. (save / load presets, apply to children, etc.)  Look in the "View Layout" menu by hovering your mouse over the title of any view.

I don't understand. I never had to do it before. Or do you mean this time because of some new elements in MC12?

Regards,

Theo

petervivian

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2007, 12:50:12 am »

I upgraded from Media Center 11 to 12.0.157 yesterday. When I went to update to 12.0.164 today using the check for updates utility the update downloaded OK (14600KB) but failed to install with the message "Windows cannot open this file: InstallPackage - 8516.tmp. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. Can someone please advise a work around.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2007, 02:00:07 am »

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120164.exe

As you can see at the top of this thread. (This way you have a backup anyway)

Cheers,

Theo

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 12:07:13 pm »

FEATURE REQUEST: I maintain two MC libraries - one FLAC and one MP3. I do a lot of transcoding from FLAC to MP3 in MC. I'd *love* to have the option of copying covert art to the converted MP3 directory during this process. As it stands now I have manually add cover art for my MP3 files via Right Click -> Cover Art after I convert and import them to my MP3 library.

Is this possible guys? It would be VERY convenient and much appreciated.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 06:12:55 pm »

upon importing MC has been freezing and crashing when it gets to Updating Thumbnails

In some cases it stops (stalls) at Updating Thumbnails File: 1 of xx, but the rest of MC does not freeze, clicking Cancel in the Import window does nothing.
In other cases MC will totall freeze (lock-up), but I have also had it hard crash and close (vanish).

After this the Import will sucessfully complete on the next attempt (until the next time new files are added and an Import run)
. . . the game is rigged

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2007, 08:07:15 am »

I cant get CD ripping to work in version 164.  First thought its my CD but it rips fine with EAC or other tools.

Anyone else noticed this?

matt-uk

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2007, 01:05:50 pm »

I'm now getting a windows error message every time I exit Media Center after I sync with my ipod. It doesn't happen if I don't sync the ipod.

Here's the error:

"Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

AppName: media center 12.exe    AppVer: 12.0.164.0    ModName: media center 12.exe
ModVer: 12.0.164.0    Offset: 003aaad0

System Info:

Media Center Registered 12.0.164 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1785 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1046 MB, Free - 565 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max

Burning /  Drive D: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-831S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 04:28:49 pm »

It's great that I can inherit views now and store view schemes!

But, "honoring parent scheme search strings" does not work anymore!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 11:13:42 am »

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2007, 12:30:44 pm »

This build only, (I think), analyze audio crashes every time. The dialog box appears, but clicking analyze immediately crashes media center. Music continues to play, and I just saw the panes refresh while in the crashed state, so it's not a total crash. This is 100% reproducable and occurs on 3 different MP3 files.

Problem has gone away, at least for now.

rjm

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 03:46:26 pm »

Confirming I am seeing exactly the same thing as reported by matt-uk.

MC crashes when exiting after completing an ipod sync.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 12:37:45 am »

It's great that I can inherit views now and store view schemes!

Where can I store view schemes?

paulfife

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 12:59:39 pm »

Confirming I am seeing exactly the same thing as reported by matt-uk.

MC crashes when exiting after completing an ipod sync.

I am getting crashes on startup and exiting. More often when exiting. I haven't checked to see if its after completing a sync.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2007, 08:04:54 am »

1- In the tree go to a folder full of new mp3 files, Select ALL, IMPORT
2- Fill Properties From Filenames
3- Library Tools -> Analyze Audio
4- add Genre and Rating
5- Rename Files From Properties (to a new drive and folder)
6- Locate - On Disk (External) (files ARE in fact in their new location and properly named)
7- Cover Art -> Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory

MC now sometimes freezes at this point . . . .
right-click on Windows Taskbar -> CLOSE ->
the Windows "End Program" dialog appears -> OK
Upon restarting MC, the files are no longer Imported and many of the tags have vanished, as has audio analysis values (Library-stored fields)

Since Import and Audio Analysis were performed well before the freeze or lock-up (as were the tag changes) why were they not saved?
. . . the game is rigged

rjm

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2007, 10:35:02 pm »

Auto-size columns does not work as I would expect it to.

This problem has been around for a while (maybe forever) and is not specific to 12.0.164.

Some columns, most frequently the last column, which in my case is usually the file name (which can be quite long), do not auto-size to display the entire field.

This has bothered me for a long time but I have not reported it.

Much appreciated if it could be fixed.

beclaude

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 12:25:16 pm »

Hello,

I'm french sorry for bad english

Little bug All translation version 11 and 12 here:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. 0-9

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2007, 05:54:29 pm »