INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating MP3 Data Disc with Playlists as folder name  (Read 1187 times)

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Creating MP3 Data Disc with Playlists as folder name
« on: February 07, 2007, 02:40:33 pm »

Trying to create a data disc with multiple folders.  Each of the folders contain one playlist.  How can I name the folders by the playlist name that it will contain.  I see lots of options, but playlist is not one of them.  I have a number of playlists that I want on one data disc that I can play in my car by selecting the playlist(folder).  This is a problem for me in both 11.1 and 12.
Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Creating MP3 Data Disc with Playlists as folder name
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:44:06 pm »

You can create a custom library field named as "Playlist". It should not be too difficult to go to each playlist, select all files and paste or write the playlist name in this field.

When burning the discs you can use this field in your folder rule (select the custom option).

EDIT

If you don't have these playlists inside MC you can import them (if they are in m3u format). After importing the lists appear inside the "Imported Playlists" group. Alternatively you can just go to each folder inside MC, select the audio files and fill the "Playlist" field.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:06:48 pm »

This is a great idea
BUT
I could have the song in more than 1 playlist that I want to output
Then how would I do it.
I do appreciate your help

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 06:07:09 pm »

Actually, I think that MC is designed to not add duplicate files to the burn queue. The only thing that would work would be to make real duplicates in separate hard drive folders (or duplicate the files using new filenames if kept in the original folders). They would then be separate files that can contain different library field values.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

raistlin2k

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 08:51:22 am »

hi everyone!

Since there is a feature to burn the sequence number of files in a playlist at the beginning of the filenames to keep the playlist in right order,it would be really great if it was possible to use the playlist name as a folder directly (without any custom library fields to fill)...

Perhaps it would be possible to add this to one of the next builds? It doesn't sound to be very hard to code and would improve the burning of playlists vastly!!

Thanks in advance, hope you like this idea and add it ;)

Raist
Pages: [1]   Go Up