INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod always syncs  (Read 1403 times)

• World Citizen
iPod always syncs
« on: February 07, 2007, 04:58:28 pm »

Hi,
I am running the latest version of MC12. And I have a 5G, 60gb Video iPod synced to a playlist. Every time I plug in the iPod it syncs for about 30 mins. This happens even if I have made no changes to the playlist since the last sync. When I go in to "details" it show around 30 random songs being converted and uploaded. These songs are already on the iPod from the first ever sync. Why does this happen? My iPod is black.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: iPod always syncs
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 05:05:47 pm »

Is it possible you've tagged the files with MC or an external program?  If so, MC will resend the file to the iPod on the next sync.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:19:06 pm »

No. I thought maybe I found cover art for these songs. But no. Some of these songs have been untouched since the first sync. Also these random songs are from albums that other songs weren't picked.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 09:18:22 pm »

No. I thought maybe I found cover art for these songs. But no. Some of these songs have been untouched since the first sync. Also these random songs are from albums that other songs weren't picked.

Just a suggestion, but I would initialize the iPod and do another full sync.  There were changes in earlier versions of MC12 that improved the sync process, but if your first sync was done before this, it may be not be recognized properly.

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 06:21:40 am »

How do I go about this properly? Do I delete all the files on the iPod then re-connect it or is there another way?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:04:58 am »

Go to drives & devices in the tree and select your iPod.

Right click on your iPod.  In the menu there is a selection for Initialize iPod.  Click on Initialize iPod and the initialization will start.  You have to be patient as this process takes some time. 

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 01:36:25 pm »

BTW: You should also make sure your iPod firmware is current. Unfortunately you need to use iTunes to verify if it is current.  If it is out of date, you should either update the iPod or restore the iPod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up