INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.36  (Read 2234 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 8.0.36
« on: August 30, 2002, 07:36:15 am »

Media Jukebox 8.0.360 is available for download:

[pulled because of the problem reported in this thread: http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=13490 ]

History:
1. Fixed: Renaming custom fields was not working correctly.
2. Fixed: Using Send To->Playing Now->Add (replace) and pressing play button after that would not work correctly
3. Fixed: Resizing column by double-clicking on column divider was not saving new column width.
4. NEW: During playback, default image for Display window will be replaced by Cover Art when display plug-ins disabled.
5. Fixed: Media Jukebox would leave Display window in task bar after returning from full screen mode.
6. Fixed: Media Jukebox displayed "Thank you for purchasing" message even when license installation failed.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.36
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 08:26:33 am »

Thanks!

Bug: If I use "interact" from the "start"-tree-item in MJ and want to open a link in a seperate window, MJ always shows the "buy MJ" windows. This even happens if the seperate window is automatically opened (e.g. download-link).

HTH,
Mirko

Cotton-Eyed Loo

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2002, 04:11:56 pm »

Well I can reproduce the mjextman bug in 8.0.356 - which is the current release I believe (according to CTRL-J). The bug is not present in 8.0.360. Either way I'M PSCYCHED!!! thanks

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2002, 05:59:30 pm »

Listening to: 'Get Back' from 'Let It Be' by 'Beatles' on Media Jukebox.
Strange. Sounds like Savoy Truffle to me.
After that's done, it goes back to the beginning of the playlist. This happens repeatedly when I right-click a song and "add to playing now" .... it finishes the song but reports it as the first song in "playing now" and then goes there at the end of the current song.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2002, 04:21:13 am »

With the cover art now able to show with 'none' selected in internal display, is there a way for it to show this in full screen as well? I just get a black screen.

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2002, 03:25:21 pm »

Bug? i have a few files playing on playing now and when i right on another file and click "add to playing now" to add to the rest of the files MJ continous playing the same music but in the player were appears the name and the artist change to the first of the list.

(Sorry for the format but is the only way to put then most complete in my service provider) It appears that i am playing the first music but in really i am listening the second
Made in Portugal

cjdshaw

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2002, 06:44:03 pm »

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=13105

My second keyboard focus problem has gone. It was probably related to (5). Nice work fellas.

First one still there though. :)

Sort of minor feature request:
It seems you can jump to a track in the right pane by typing the first few characters of the primary sort field. When looking at a single album, this is usually track number. In the case I type a letter, rather than a number, could it jump by track name? Or would it be too much hassle for it to jump by an unsorted field?

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2002, 06:47:47 pm »

Windows Installer still appears briefly every time I start MJ.

A small bug:  Click Nomad II icon, nomad turns on, External/Internal nodes appear as normal.  Add a track to Playing Now and begin playback.  Drag the file over to nomad, but as soon as you start dragging, you get an error that "initialization has failed.  please make sure the player is connected, etc, etc".  It seems that you should be able to drag the currently playing track to the nomad even during playback.  It's not going to cause a share problem until you actually upload the files.

nivw

Bug: 8.0.360 (add to playing now (play now)) faulty
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2002, 12:21:24 am »

During the playback of an album I double clicked to play a diffrent song. MJB didn't behave according to the defined "add to playing now (play now)". it add the song to the list but didn't play it, but rather skipped to the next track.

Niv

dragyn

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2002, 01:05:39 am »

I went to Media Library and double clicked a song. It started playing just fine. I have replace all so every song was added to playing now. Went to Artist/Album and did a "send to: add to end" on another song and then the player window changed display names yet the same song was playing. The speaker icon also changed to a different song.

Anyone else having this?

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.360
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 47 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2002, 01:07:19 am »

Double Click:

When I double click on a song, the currently played one is started again (and the double clicked at is not handled at all). If I choose "Play" from the context menu all is ok.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2002, 02:37:07 am »

sometimes yaddb confirms that a audio cd was submitted, and sometimes the prompt only says "connecting to yaddb"

The best would be if I also get a prompt saying "submit was unsuccesful, please try later" or something like that.

Rusty

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2002, 05:51:01 am »

I'm still using version 8.0.356 & have had various prob's ...

1 - The main problem appears to be an intermitent one where MJ just stops recognising that there is an audio CD in either of my CD drives. I have noticed that once it occurs the Windows Media Player also doesn't recognise either, but Easy CD Creator 5 does see the CD & it's tracks but comes up with a message that it can't do anything as another program must be accessing the disc, but I have made sure that no other program is running ... All that I can then do is re-boot.

2 - When analysing Replay Gain the window shows the Replay Gain column heading as "Radio Gain".

3 - When deleting a song from Media Library & also from the hard drive, usually when you click on the "Delete from Hard Drive Box" an "X" will appear & the box stays blue, but often the box will appear white & instead of a "X" it'll be a tick that appears.

4 - I also can't get the YADB feature to work but the original CDDB does.

There are also other little bits & pieces that I'll have to make sure I write down in future (little time out things that normally run clockwise that suddenly run anti-clockwise etc).

Maybe it's just Windows 98 but I doubt it - Cheers Rusty

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.356
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 498 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 86 MB
Resource Info: System - 24 %, GDI - 64 %, User - 24 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

Phudson

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2002, 08:25:45 am »

Dragyn,

Yep, "me too".

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2002, 09:36:40 am »

MJ now always links files to external images in the same directory, even if the cover art is included in the ID3v2 tag. Only if I manually remove the image from the file properties dialog and then open the properties dialog again MJ will display the internal image from the file.

Is there a way to switch this off? Or is it a bug?

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2002, 05:18:29 am »

In content view, "year" field, MJ screws up the number "1", for instance in the year "1974" the 1 becomes a strange symbol instead.

This has been the case occasionally also in the last version, maybe also in the latest two.

Marty3d

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2002, 02:32:47 pm »

Didn't have time for it before, but a great thanks go to you for this one:
Fixed: Media Jukebox was not displaying selected files after sorting

Thanks!

Listening to: 'Touch Me' from 'Into The Light' by 'Weeping Willows' on Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2002, 03:12:12 pm »

I don't know if this a bug or not. I uninstalled 8.0.360 earlier to play around with 9. Decided I'd had enough fun and go to uninstall 9 and in the Programs menu 8 still shows as being there. Clicking on the icon launches 9, even though it says 8.

Maybe I'll keep 9 in for now. But thought you may want to check this out.

Note: Now that I think about it, when I installed 9 this morning it did say an older version was still there and would I like to uninstall. Next time I'll check the Programs menu to make sure.

Steve

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2002, 07:16:00 am »

SeanC,

In regards to the NomadII, I do not think that Nomad will allow you to upload a file while it is playing. I tried to upload a file from the PC to NomadII using an older version of Creative PlayCenter and it stopped the playback before doing the transfer. When I tried to copy a playing file using MJ v8, I got a file error message which is what I would expect if I am correct that Creative does not suppor this functionality.

The message you report about Initialization should only occur if the player is disconnected or off. If you see it again, check that your player has not powered down while waiting for you to upload a file.

If you have further questions, would you mind emailing me directly with them at steve @ jriver.com. Thanks for the report.

Steve

nivw

Scanner issue
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2002, 11:23:15 am »

Dear supporters and fellow users,
Today I tried to scan in a cover for the first time.
I have the Epson 1250. I can scan the cover in MS photo editor, but can't with MJB.
Once the scanner got stack after scaning and showing the image.
When I clicked canchel the image was still showing at the properties window. After saving and reopening the songs the image was gone.
In the case of a different cover MJB scaned it wrong, while MS photo had no problems.

Does anyone else have this scanner? Can someone replacate the bug?

Please help,
Niv
Pages: [1]   Go Up