INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with events  (Read 1557 times)

Craig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Problems with events
« on: February 10, 2007, 10:44:23 am »

I originally posted this in the SDK Improvements thread but it seems pretty busy over in the MC12 forum so I'll post it again here

I've been playing with the events again and have come across a couple of problems.

"MCC: NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE" and "MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYERSTATE_CHANGE" only seem to trigger on the active zone, IE if I right click a song and send to Play zone 2 then the event does not trigger.

"MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYLIST...." events do trigger in the same circumstances but do not return the zone number.

And a couple of questions

MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYLIST_CHANGED seems to trigger twice, the first time with a param of 0, this is where I would expect the zone number to be but the second time the second parameter is a large integer, what does this mean?

Do I need to keep reimporting the type library for each new build of MC12 or are the changes made in MC12 itself?

Thanks
Craig 
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

Craig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with events
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 03:46:15 pm »

I'd really appeciate it if someone could either confirm the problems I'm seeing or show me where I'm going wrong.

This is what I see if I play an album in the active zone (zone #1)

MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYLIST_PROPERTIES_CHANGED   0
MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYLIST_FILES_CHANGED   0
MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYLIST_FILES_CHANGED   682075682
MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYERSTATE_CHANGE   1
MCC: NOTIFY_TRACK_CHANGE   1

The problem here is that the Playlist events don't tell me which zone they correspond to. The Playerstate changes and track change events are fine because I then know exectly what to query, but is it safe to assume that the preceeding events apply to the same zone when more than one zone can be playing?

If I then right click on an album and 'send to' then 'Play Zone 4' these are the events I recieve

MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYLIST_FILES_CHANGED   0
MCC: NOTIFY_PLAYLIST_FILES_CHANGED   908605517

Again the Playlist events do not indicate which zone they originate from and the track change/playstate change events are missing completely.

I'm really wanting to get stuck into removing all the polling from MC2Slim but until I can get this straight there's no way I can do that.

Thanks in advance

Craig

MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up