INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken Sansa  (Read 1333 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Broken Sansa
« on: February 12, 2007, 07:54:44 pm »

I was formatting my Sansa e270 and noticed in Vista that I can format it in the NTFS filesystem, which I couldn't do with XP.  So I did and now I can't access the memory on my computer via either USB mode and the device says insufficient space for music database--free 6 mb.  Basically, it's bad.  Any ideas?  Is there a way to format the internal memory on the Sansa standalone?

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Broken Sansa
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:14:48 pm »

They helped me fix it (Sandisk support).  First, don't format your device with the NTFS filesystem even though Vista lets you.  It will ruin it.  Here is the response I got.  Everything worked but you can skip the dual formatting to recover your Sansa.  Just plug it in and run the EXE file without formatting the 16MB drive twice.

Your Question/Request: 
Customer called 02/12/2007 06:50 pmPST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SanDisk Response: (02/12/2007 07:03) 
Dear Ben,

Thanks again for calling SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

Here is the process of updating the firmware of your E200 mp3 player:

1. First we need to go Recovery mode of your mp3 player

- Turn off the mp3 player
- Switch the hold switch to lock (you will see a red-orange mark if the hold is on lock)
- Press and hold the record button on the side of the mp3 player and plug the mp3 player to the computer at the same time
- Wait for the screen of the mp3 player to come up " Welcome To Recovery Mode" (this will appear while it is connected to the computer) and then release the record button

2. Second we need to format the drive for the mp3 player

- Go to My Computer
- Look for the drive which says 16 MB drive which pertains to your MP3 player
- Right click on the drive and click on format
- On the format window click on "Start", a warning will appear that says "Formatting will erase all the data." just click on "OK"
- The format will says "Windows was unable to complete the format."
- Close the format window and go back to My Computer again and you will now see the 16 MB drive will change to Removable Disk
- Right Click on the drive again and click on format
- On the format window click on "Start", a warning will appear that says "Formatting will erase all the data." just click on "OK"
- The window will say format complete.

3. Now we download and run the firmware update.

- Just click on the link below and run the program on your computer while the mp3 player is connected to the computer for us to update the firmware.

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/Downloads/firmware/e200fw01.00.12.exe

- follow all the instructions that your computer screen will give.

4. After installing the firmware update, unplug the mp3 player from the computer and turn it on. Verify if your issue is solve.

Please refer to your eBox anytime to see additional resources from SanDisk.

You can also use this Support Request tool for contacting SanDisk in the future.

Best regards,
Herson B.
SanDisk Technical Support 
Pages: [1]   Go Up