INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem converting APE file (with CUE file)  (Read 1590 times)

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
problem converting APE file (with CUE file)
« on: February 14, 2007, 09:32:20 am »

Here is my problem:

When I was on MC11 , when I was opening a folder (Drives & Devices / My Computer / etc / ...) where  there was a Ape file with its cue file associated, I was be able to see all the tracks, and then I could use Library tools / Convert Format... to convert the files to mp3 files...

Now with MC12, I can see the APE file, but not the tracks, and so, I can't convert it...

What am I doing wrong? Or is it now the behaviour of MC12?

Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: problem converting APE file (with CUE file)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 02:08:21 pm »

It looks like the Drives & Devices browser does not interprete cue sheets anymore. However you can do "right-click > Add to Playing Now" or "right-click > Import" and get the individual tracks into MC. Alternatively, you can just drag cue files from Windows Explorer to the Playing Now list.

The format conversion from cue tracks has a tagging problem that is not resolved yet. The resulting files do not contain track specific tags. If the big audio source file contains tags these are copied to each converted file. A workaround is to first create APL link files with Monkey's Audio and then convert these APL files with MC. I prefer to use the separate MakeAPL tool that is included with Monkey's Audio v.3.99. The v. 4.01 beta 2 has the same feature integrated in the main Monkey's Audio program.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AndromAK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Omnes Vulnerant, Ultima Necat
Re: problem converting APE file (with CUE file)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:49:52 am »

Thank you for your answer.

Draging cue file in playing now works. I then can see tracks, and convert them.

But I prefer when I was be able to do that in the Drives & Devices browser. It was more elegant.

Thank you a lot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up