INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: enable artwork problem  (Read 1748 times)

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
enable artwork problem
« on: February 19, 2007, 02:38:37 pm »

I've setup a networked drive to sync music to and it works great except it won't transfer the album art. Any tricks to get it to? with my ipod there is an option "Enable album artwork support if possible" but not with my other devices. thanks for your help.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: enable artwork problem
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:05:39 pm »

I was wondering the same thing.  I think it adds cover art to the mp3 files anyway, though.  On my iPaq, I don't see the option yet I see cover art when using Core Media Player on my iPaq.  I have no problem getting cover art on my iPod and my sister's iPod, on an XP computer (I'm on Vista) also works fine.

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
How do I enable artwork for generic devices?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 02:08:21 pm »

so i guess the question is" How do I enable artwork for generic devices?"or can MC developers add this function?

benn600

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:10:30 pm »

I really think it is added by default.  MP3s seem to get the jpg added to its tags without your choice.  If the checkbox is checked or if it isn't shown, I see cover art in the files when I look at them individually...at least in my limited experience.  Please add a feature to resize cover art on-the-fly before adding it to the mp3 tags.

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 03:24:30 pm »

Nope. Art is not included in the files this way. Here is my wish:

It's almost there but this would be an amazing way to organize all your music into folders and copy the artwork into each folder. Select an empty hard drive as your device to sync to. select Your entire library of music and sync it with the options to put the music in folders Artists/album. WOW. how nice and neat. the only thing is that it does not transfer is the cover art. Wouldn't it be great to have it automatically transfer the artwork into the album folder as a folder.jpg?

benn600

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 04:28:37 pm »

Yes.  But, you know that you can rename files from tags?  This will let you move your files to a new location, set their folder structure, and rename the file names.  Be careful and make sure you don't make a mistake or you can mess things way up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up