INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View scheme .... is this possible?  (Read 795 times)

martins

• Recent member
View scheme .... is this possible?
« on: February 22, 2007, 05:53:37 am »

Hi - just wondering if anyone has an idea on how to put together this customized view scheme:

I would like to have my movies sorted by actor. Sounds simple, but the problem is that there are generally multiple actors per movie. Is there are simple way to add custom columns maybe called "Actor 1" and "Actor 2" and configure a view scheme that is clever enough to take both of these columns into consideration when sorting the files? I.e. I have a list of actors and click on Johnny Depp then the movie Neverland will show up in the list and if I click on Kate Winslet then the movie shows up too?

Not sure if this makes sense to anyone, maybe there is a much simpler way to do this, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

Martin

gappie

Re: View scheme .... is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 06:06:09 am »

well that is easy, i do that with artiesten (artists) for ceedees.

make ONE custom field in the library called Actors, or cast. make the data type List (semicolon delimited). this gives the possibility to put a bunch of actors in one field.

make a view with the actors field. ready.

have fun.

martins

• Recent member
Re: View scheme .... is this possible?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 06:41:28 am »

Wow - that is a very elegant solution and works like a charm. Thank you very much for the quick response.

Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up