INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with MC12 install  (Read 820 times)

jmetcher

Problems with MC12 install
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:56:21 pm »

Hi,

This is repeat of a previous post.

I've installed the MC12 trial.  I copied the library folder from MC11 and then tried to load it with MC12.  The computer froze (black screen - completely unresponsive).  After restarting, the library was incompletely loaded - most of the files were missing.

I've then deleted that library and brought over another copy from MC11.  Now I can load these copies without a crash, but they are in exactly the same state as the first one - 80% of the files missing.  It's as if MC12 is remembering it's library conversion from the first time and is just applying that each time.  The library in MC11 is still fine.

This is not a confidence-inspiring introduction to MC12.  Is there a simple explanation for all of this?

Jaime Metcher

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with MC12 install
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 08:02:23 pm »

Did you try restoring from an MC11 backup?  Backups are made automatically.

You could also just let MC12 import files.

Failures may be related to Directshow filters.  You could try importing a single filetype.  MP3, for example.  If that works, continue....

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with MC12 install
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:17:20 pm »

Copying the MC11 library into MC12 folder won't work. MC12 has to make some conversions (too technical for me) to make any previous version's library work.

Just open MC12, goto: File>Library>Restore Library and point to where your MC11 library is stored. MC12 will import(copy) and convert it to an MC12 library. MC12 won't do anything to the original MC11 file. That's it.

MC11 Library Backups should be stored at: Docs & Settings>Administrator>Application Data>J River>Media Center 11>Library Backups.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up