INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About my MJNews  (Read 936 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
About my MJNews
« on: August 29, 2002, 05:52:33 am »

Moved Here From Another Thread

Mouseman 08-29-2002 06:50:55 A.M.

About my MJNews... i just dont have the time to write news all the time and i never got a fast server to host it on so i closed the project but if anyone of you wants the SDK please write me
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steffen Brandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: mouseman_16@hotmail.com

Doof 08-29-2002 07:43:56 A.M.

Mouseman> Like I said, I missed out on all of this, but has JRiver displayed any interest in hosting it?
I'd be willing to try to host it on my ISP account... Not sure if that would work well or not. Right now, they're hosting my mostly useless website, so I don't see why I couldn't stick MJNews up there as well. Of course keeping it updated may pose a challenge, but I'd be willing to try. Maybe if somebody else who's guaranteed to be here more often than I am (mainly in the summer - although that may be a little far-thinking at the moment) could send me the news to be posted?

I dunno... what do you all think? Like I said, I missed out on it (I just thought the screenshot looked cool and it seemed like a great idea), so... is it worth the effort? Are enough people interested?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
RE:About my MJNews
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 11:17:57 am »

Your ISP has to support ASP... But i still think MJNews is a great idea but i dont want to write news all by my self and my own web server is to slow and not always stabile
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk

Cephlen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • someday I will find a pic that looks good...
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 12:22:10 pm »

A database driven news site should be easy for j river to implement on their web system.  Add a link in the Start/Welcome screen.. and wa-la..
All ICQ's are ignored unless I have added you.

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 03:51:03 pm »

yes i think so
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk
Pages: [1]   Go Up