INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.179  (Read 12148 times)

marcusaschneider

Re: Media Center 12.0.179
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 10:18:57 am »

Love the tabs split view :).  Not sure on the slants, maybe rounded boxes like the rest of Media Center. 

Would be great for this stay in.  Not sure on what others think.

Great job as always.
Totally agree, except for the slants, which I personally like - imho it would be nice if the tab view worked a little like in i.e. Firefox. Will say, adding as many tabs as one wants with a "View - add Tab" action resp. a "View in new tab" action on every tree view (left side) item. Additionally, of course, a "Close Tab" and a "Close other tabs" context action for every tab... 8)

Marcus

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2007, 10:23:16 am »

Huge Annoyance:

Select an image from a list and double-click it to view in full screen mode, then double-click it again to bring you back to the list, the screen scrolls up to the top of the list no matter where the image was located in the list! I then have to scroll down (sometimes hundreds of photos) to find where I left off! I wish MC would remember my location when browsing photos and switching from full screen and back.

We could only reproduce this in the file list below groupings.  That will be fixed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2007, 10:38:03 am »

This will be fixed next build.  It only happens when all service plugins are disabled, so as a work around, enable "Audible" in Plug-in Manager.

That's the ticket! And it beats using Nero as a work around. ;D

Thanks

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2007, 04:19:33 pm »

We could only reproduce this in the file list below groupings.  That will be fixed next build.

Thanks!

On a side note, I think tabs should be at root level under "View" instead of grouped w/ 'spit view' because tabs are not really split views..and then you could bypass the option of how many split views you use, and opt for the unlimited tab usage like in Firefox.

EDIT: I started a Tab Discussion thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39226.0

JONCAT

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2007, 07:04:06 pm »

Just came across my last two CD rips, and I am seeing CDA files that "do not exist" when asked to provide the external file location.

I have delete temp wav files checked for encoding options.

I'll remove the files, just thought you'd like to know.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2007, 08:06:03 am »

Use MC to pre-tag CDs for ripping, select Drives & Devices, then choose Rip in Action Window.

Rip is greyed out.

All discs are detected by MC & Windows, and play in MC.

Restart MC, eject discs, re-insert discs, restart MC: Rip is greyed out.

Eject two discs and try to rip from my Plextor: Rip is still greyed out.

Audiograbber works fine with all drives.

Tried a re-detect.

Rebooting now.

Can't rip CDs with .179 - .164 fixes this issue for me.

EDIT - Rebooted & re-installed .179, problem remains. Stranger still, it seems that while MC can play any of the CDs, it will not play the next track while the next button is pressed. Once I select a new track, the two tracks are the only ones MC will be able to cycle through whether on shuffle or continuous. This behavior pertains to all drives.

EDIT 2 - Now I am getting another error that I thought was a glitch but seems to be a bug with .164. I have a disc loaded; Windows and Media Player recognize the disc and allow playback. MC shows 0 files. This problem has been flipping between my (2) USB CD-Rom drives. Yesterday it was on J: ...now it's on H:

FYI - The two USB drives are identical, firmwares and all. On a NEC chipset PCI USB card.

EDIT 3 - Problem returned after about 10 CD rips in .179 See screen shot below:

EDIT 4 - I am observing the same behavior with my SD card; I can access all the pictures but when I select the first one I can not advance to any others. I can only advance through the ones that I have manually opened.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.179 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 3000 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 408 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2007, 06:40:21 am »

Lost all my Auto-Import settings with this update...
Other than that fairly solid, still a few random quits when doing intensive library functions. and iPod sync is a lot more solid :)

marcusaschneider

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2007, 10:38:34 am »

Hi there,

this seems to be introduced with the latest released build:

on my Laptop I connect to a LibraryServer running on my main station. There I have a playlist defined that contains about 1500 songs. This playlist I did initially select for playing on the Laptop.
Before finishing MC on the Laptop, I save the contents of PlayingNow that have not been played so far to a m3u or mpl playlist.
Next time I start MC and connect to the remote server, I load the so saved playlist to continue where I stopped.
In prior releases loading this playlist was a matter of seconds, now it takes about 5 minutes and MCs UI is completely blocked (playback though perfectly runs when something is already playing) during loading.

I experienced with Conversion settings on the client, other playlists etc. The only factor I can identify is the size of the playlist, the bigger the PL, the longer the loading takes.

Marcus

garthkerr

• unity through diversity
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2007, 12:40:30 am »

when i "Rename Files From Properties..." and change the file directory, the Folder.jpg image does NOT move with the files.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2007, 02:16:27 pm »

did it ever before?  would be nice if it did.

I think I've always had to move the folder.jpg manually but I could be wrong.  Since special characters like "?" and other characters are replaced by "_" 's in Windows, I decided to remove some of these characters since they really aren't needed to clean up my filenames.  I later found all the albums I renamed and then renamed the files/folders were missing cover art.  Sure enough, the cover art was in the old folder.  So I had to manually fix this.  I don't mind fixing it but I might have missed some.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2007, 12:17:19 am »

when i "Rename Files From Properties..." and change the file directory, the Folder.jpg image does NOT move with the files.

This is by design. What if, in the process of your Rename Files From Properties execution, the files were put in more than one single directory? Or not all the files in the directory moved? MC can't guess what to do with a file that it, by not being in the MC library, has no right to manipulate.

If you want MC to manage your Folder.jpg's you should import them into MC. Then make a view that displays your audio file alongside the appropriate Folder.jpg. You can then use the Move Disk File command to move entire directories.

did it ever before?

No it never did.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up