INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: List order in Theater View  (Read 997 times)

thurston

• World Citizen
List order in Theater View
« on: November 21, 2007, 01:05:25 pm »

I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I can't seem to figure it out.  Is there a way to sort files in Theater View by (for example) Track #?  I have my view scheme for Video set up to show Genre, Series, Season and then File, but the files don't seem to be in any rational or consistent order.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: List order in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:26:22 pm »

Theater View follows the sort order defined in the View Scheme.  In Standard View, right click on the View Scheme you want to edit, go to Edit View Scheme, in the dialog that appears in Step 4 choose the dropdown arrow and Wizard, and then define a Sort By command in the Modify Results area.

You can also do this via the Customize Current View dialog a bit more visually.  However, you must define them individually for the changes to apply to Theater View (I believe).  Normally it just inherits from the Parent View Scheme, but this doesn't work in Theater View I don't believe.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

thurston

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:25:35 pm »

I tried by editing the view scheme as you stated, but it still sorts randomly. 

I clicked on the video tab and it shows all my videos with the proper columns etc.  I right clicked on one of the pane headings, clicked edit view scheme.  I clicked on the pull down menu under step 4 and clicked wizard.  Under Modify Results I have [track #].

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 05:25:54 pm »

Inside Theater View, enter the Video section and then pick the Views button on the left.  What View setting are you using?  Is it set to Video or All Files?

I'm not sure what method MC uses to sort when it is set to All Files.  Looks like it might be Date-related.  I'm not sure.

EDIT: Figured it out... Looks like when in All Files mode it is doing Artist, Album, Name sorting (maybe with Track # thrown in there).  It should really follow the sorting of the top level Video View Scheme, I'd say.

However, for now, if you choose Video from the View button list, it'll use those settings.  If you have any panes added to your top-level Video View Scheme, it'll show those though and not the files.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 01:37:59 pm »

Theatre View is a (pleasing, aesthetically) mystery to me. I don't argue. I just play with the fancy buttons until I can find what I'm looking for. It does seem to be random to me too, but I'm sure there's a method I haven't looked carefully enough to discover yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up