INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIAA - The laugh's on you - VERY amusing!  (Read 963 times)

nila

RIAA - The laugh's on you - VERY amusing!
« on: August 29, 2002, 01:28:14 am »

Here's an article on a website I often frequent about the RIAA's website being hacked.

The RIAA obviously is known to most of us as it has a big impact on what we're aloud to use the technology that we have on offer to do.
They stop us doing alot of things we'd all like to be able to do and so this is most ironic.

Read the story here:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=4631

Here's what it says:

Currently the RIAA website shows some amazing links on their site: http://www.riaa.org. It seems that the Recording Industry Association of America have been hacked and the hacker has changed the website in such a manner that it will make the average CD Freaks visitor laugh.

One of the pages on the website has been changed and goes by the title: "RIAA against music sharing? Not anymore!". Below is the text. Might the site be changed soon, we of course saved the pages to our harddisk!

RIAA to sue music sharers? Not Anymore
With the legal file sharing service kazaa still online, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) today announced that it intends to offer the latest albums for download from riaa.org.

As you are probably aware, the RIAA has been pursuing a policy of preventing this activity in recent months

We have recently become aware that this approach is yielding only limited results and in some cases may in fact be harming sales and the artists' revenue stream.

The RIAA wishes to apologise for the heavy-handed manner in which the popular chinese site Listen4Ever was closed down, and would like to present the following items for free download as a token of its goodwill.

Of course the list is relatively small, but please be patient - we expect to offer over 300 next week. We also intend to offer pre-released movies in the coming months.

If what you want isn't on the list, then please try Kazaa Lite - available here.

I found it so very brightening of my day :)

kandarohidharmapala

RE:RIAA - The laugh's on you - VERY amusing!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 02:25:23 am »

thanks, nila, that was brilliant.
  other visitors... check out the comments people posted at tthe bottom of the page...veeeerrrrry interesting...i wonder if people can use that in court?
  i personally found this whole site worth checking out, as it has some great articles, and killer reviews

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:RIAA - The laugh's on you - VERY amusing!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 05:16:45 am »

I'm going to close this thread.  We (JRiver) are not into RIAA bashing.  The RIAA is a legitimate industry organization which has made some mistakes.  Whether you recognize it or not, the industry is moving slowly toward what consumers think they should do.  It would help if consumers moved a little themselves.  Piracy is a serious problem and it is holding back progress.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up