Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flacs?  (Read 2532 times)

• World Citizen
Flacs?
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:01:27 pm »

Does MC12 play flacs? Beacause I can't get them to play in MC12.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Flacs?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:33:21 pm »

MC12 plays 'em all day long, providing you have scthom's encoder and decoder versions for mc12, found on his link in the third party plugin board.  Otherwise, they just sit there like bricks, looking at you.

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:24:28 pm »

Ok I did that. But when I went to import the flacs never came in. Is it possible to store flacs in the Library

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 06:26:14 pm »

Check the FLAC checkbox.

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 06:30:39 pm »

benn is right.  You need to check off FLAC both in the "tools/options/file asscociations" options and in the "tools/auto import (otto) options".  It sounds like otto is the sluggard here.

BTW--benn found a bug yesterday.  I'm telling you, there's no stopping the kid.

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 07:09:16 pm »

I installed Enc_Flac version 2.1.1 and it said the package was installed successfully. An when I check the plugin manager its there. But there is no FLAC check box in the file associations menu.

Can anyone help?

jgreen

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:29:32 pm »

What version are you running?  There were certain versions where "FLAC" was not available under file associations (yet another bug that benn found, if i recall correctly).  Please download and install the latest version available here, v.179.  I just loaded it and FLAC is available under file associations.

Note:  if you've already imported FLACs and can't find them, they are likely listed as "documents", which is what MC does with file formats it doesn't recognize as audio, images, or video.  You'll have to delete them from your library (but NOT your disk), and re-import them.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 07:45:52 pm »

I installed Enc_Flac version 2.1.1 and it said the package was installed successfully. An when I check the plugin manager its there. But there is no FLAC check box in the file associations menu.

Enc_FLAC is for creating new FLAC files (i.e. for encoding).

For importing, playback and tagging you need the FLAC decoder plugin (In_FLAC). The current version is 2.1.3. You can download it from this link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mcplugins/In_FLAC-V2.1.3.zip?modtime=1168991752&big_mirror=0

Remember to unzip the package before running the In_FLAC.mjp file. Windows Explorer can show the files even the package is not yet unzipped, but MC cannot install the decoder dll file from the zip package.

The FLAC file association is not necessary (it only selects if the FLAC files are opened with MC by default), but for Auto-Importing you need to tick the FLAC format in the folder specific advanced options. (Tools > Auto-Import Options > Add or Edit Folder (click the folder name to edit) > Advanced)

What version are you running?  There were certain versions where "FLAC" was not available under file associations (yet another bug that benn found, if i recall correctly).  Please download and install the latest version available here, v.179.  I just loaded it and FLAC is available under file associations. Please download and install the latest version available here, v.179.

This may be obvious, but jgreen means the Media Center 12 program version, not the FLAC decoder version.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 10:32:44 pm »

I'm having a problem getting FLAC to work in MC12 build 198.  I installed v2.1.3 of both the encoder and input plugins.  When I imported, it did show the files as imported.  When I tried to play them nothing would happen.  So I closed MC and reopened it.  Now the files do not show up in recently imported and do not show up in my library.  When I reimport it does not find them either.  When I double click on a flac file in explorer, MC opens, but does not play anything.  I am running Vista 32bit so I am not sure if that might be causing a problem or not.

Media Center Registered 12.0.198 -- L:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Unknown 3704 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 942 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3550A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3550A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

scthom

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 09:43:40 am »

I'm having a problem getting FLAC to work in MC12 build 198.  I installed v2.1.3 of both the encoder and input plugins.  When I imported, it did show the files as imported.  When I tried to play them nothing would happen.  So I closed MC and reopened it.  Now the files do not show up in recently imported and do not show up in my library.  When I reimport it does not find them either.  When I double click on a flac file in explorer, MC opens, but does not play anything.  I am running Vista 32bit so I am not sure if that might be causing a problem or not.

Possibly Vista is not completing the installation.  Make sure you are running as administrator.  Search the forums as others may have had the same problem.  I do not have Vista so I can't verify or confirm what is happening.

Also, sometimes MC will import flacs as documents, not as music files.  Just remove them from the library, restart MC, and re-import them.

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 10:15:47 am »

Also, sometimes MC will import flacs as documents, not as music files.  Just remove them from the library, restart MC, and re-import them.

Scot - Yes, MC is importing them as documents.  I removed them, closed MC, restarted MC, and imported, but still they show up as documents.  I have UAC disabled in Vista and when right clicking on the mjp files there is not an option to "Run as Administrator".  The plugins say they install, and the dll files are in the plugins directory of MC.  The plugin appears in the registry also under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 12\Plugins\Input.  Any other ideas?  I searched but didn't really find an answer anywhere else on the forum.

Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 11:17:48 am »

You can use Library Tools > Update Library (from tags) instead of a reimport.

Does MC show the FLAC plugin in Tools > Plugin Manager... ?

Scot, could this be related to the problem that kept the plugin from loading and another user's machine a while back?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 12:24:15 pm »

I do not know if this should be posted here, but seems possibly related.

I have recently had difficulties installing the flac plugin on two different machines. Even after a reboot the install fails.

Is there any way this plugin/install can be "wrapped" so it is automated like most other plugins install?
. . . the game is rigged

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 01:12:33 pm »

You can use Library Tools > Update Library (from tags) instead of a reimport.

Does MC show the FLAC plugin in Tools > Plugin Manager... ?

Scot, could this be related to the problem that kept the plugin from loading and another user's machine a while back?

Matt - Update Library (from tags) worked and the files play now.  So I guess the problem is MC thinks they are documents when imported.  And yes, the FLAC plugin shows up in the Plugin Manager.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up