INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View schemas/Theater View/DVD images etc  (Read 1443 times)

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
View schemas/Theater View/DVD images etc
« on: February 28, 2007, 11:50:15 pm »

I am trying to follow advise from Osho and set up access to DVD images from theater view.
Using MC12.179. Added folder with ISO files to library. I can see my iso files in "Documents" node on the tree in standard view.
According to manual: All view schemes are visible in theater view by default.
Where exactly in theater view can I find "Documents"? If I right click on "Documents" view I choose "Edit View Scheme", I see that it must be visible
in theater view. Where is it???
Now, ok, follow other help page. Right click on view type ("Video") and choose "Create view scheme". Done. Added "Location" to display. Show in theater view - yes.
Step 4: Pick files to show (leave blank to show all files).
Great - lets leave it blank.
In theater view - go to Video and choose location (Thanks goodness - it's there now). Where are my ISOs? I don't see them in main view either, though.

Am I missing something? Is documentation wrong? Is this feature unfinished? Is there a bug in MC?

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Alex

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: View schemas/Theater View/DVD images etc
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 12:24:04 am »

Ok, in second case, it seems that filter of "Video" type superseds subview. So once I change Video top schema to show all files - my custom scheme worked as well.
But I'd like Video still be restricted to video files only.
So how do I get "Documents" in theater view or (better) add iso files to existing Video view or (even better) add them to CD DVD top item in theater view?

gappie

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 02:22:53 am »

one of the things you could do is make a user library field (tools>options>Library & Folders).

call the field for instance: Video.

put in the calculated data
if(IsEqual([file type],iso,1),Yes,if(IsEqual([media type],video,1),Yes,No))

go to edit view scheme from the videos, click on mediatype = video, choose edit by typing, and change it in [Video]=[Yes].

i guess there are other way also.

alexgit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 12:05:01 pm »

Thanks, I will try it later today.
However, considering that MC is actually a consumer product not intended for IT professionals, may be JRiver need to revisit this UI/Model.
At least, I should be able to follow help to get things done.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 04:18:13 pm »

i do not agree with you. iso is not video. and in mc you can influence that all, try that in media player or the likes. you can tell mc for instance that iso is video. just change what is under the media type in the tag. but than the iso file wont play, because it isnt video, it can be everything.

an other option you have is to take away the media type and say in the view scheme which file types should be there. just pick all the video types you have in the library plus iso, and your there, less elegant and has to be changed when an other video type is imported in the library.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 01:08:29 am »

It would be neat if MC could read iso, determining what kind of content which is on it (Audio, Video, DVD, Data etc.)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 01:24:13 am »

Where exactly in theater view can I find "Documents"?

In Standard View, there are three Audio, Images and Video buttons on the left. Right click on Video button and select "Edit View Scheme". This will pop up a dialog box where you can select Media Type under Step 4 (at the bottom of the window). By default it would have Media Type: Video. Click on Video there and select "Edit (with wizard)". This would show a Media Type window. In that select both Data and Video and click OK. Now, the View Scheme window should show Media Type: Data, Video. Click OK. Now, when you click on Video in theater view you should see all documents in it too. If you have other documents than .iso files in your documents tree (such as .txt etc. files) then you should get rid of them if you don't want them to be seen in theater view.

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up