INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art transfer with UMS?  (Read 1955 times)

RobbieG

• Recent member
Cover art transfer with UMS?
« on: March 01, 2007, 10:53:18 pm »

I am using an iRiver H10 20GB.  I used to connect it via MTP to my computer, and there was an option in media center to check or uncheck if the device supported cover art.

I have since installed RockBox, and now need to start the device as UMS to get it to connect to the computer.  However, I have found that I cannot find an option to allow me to transfer cover art (now that I can actually use it with rockbox).  Is this no longer an option?  Is there a way to get the cover art to transfer to my device?

Thanks,

Robbie G

SwellGuy

Re: Cover art transfer with UMS?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 08:06:00 am »

Does Rockbox use cover art if it's included in the files tags?

RobbieG

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 11:01:17 am »

Right now, the only solution for cover art is to have a .bmp file in the album directory.  I have been using irfanview to convert the folder.jpg into cover.bmp once they have been transferer to my player.

So in short, no, rockbox cannot use embedded cover art.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 11:35:49 am »

Please consider adding an automatic background cover art resizer.  It would lower the resolution of cover art to 400x400 or so and save space on portable players sine most people store 500x500 or larger cover art and all that data is not needed for tiny screens.  Thanks for your consideration!

RobbieG

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 11:58:00 am »

benn600 - this thread is about getting any cover art to transfer on a UMS device, not about cover art conversion.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:24:22 pm »

Yes, but I thought I'd mention my request since it is related.

I'm not a huge fan of purely critical messages on forums with no content (in that single message).

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 11:37:26 pm »

Just an idea; if you imported all your folder.jpg's into MC, would MC not ( in theory) then transfer them over to your UMS device?

RobbieG

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 10:38:02 am »

prod - not a bad idea.  I have MC keeping all the cover art in a single directory, so I could manually select the albums that are on the playlist I sync with my iriver.  But, that would take forever, and it would be much easier if MC could transfer the cover art itself with the sync (like it used to).

Is the cover art transfer not an option anymore?  Or is it disabled because it's a UMS device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up