INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .ASX TV-files won't play in JRiver 12.0 Trial version  (Read 1569 times)

.ASX TV-files won't play in JRiver 12.0 Trial version
« on: March 02, 2007, 08:31:59 am »

Why not ?

daveg

• World Citizen
Re: .ASX TV-files won't play in JRiver 12.0 Trial version
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 08:43:08 am »

There seems to be a lot of issues with streaming audio/video. But there doesn't really seem to be an appetite for them to be resolved!! I have taken to using other  media players even though I just purchased MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 08:56:16 am »

Not the case.  Sorry.  I think if you read Yaobing's posts, you'll find a lot of information.  Also glynor's posts are excellent.

Try a search for CCCP to read more.

If you need help, please provide more information, including the full version.

Many, if not most, of the recent video problems are Directshow related. 

daveg

• World Citizen

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 01:04:19 pm »

Why not ?

What happens when you try to play the files? Do you get any error messages? Do the same files play in Windows Media Player?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 01:52:51 pm »

ASX files are not actual media files. They are Windows Media metafiles that describe the content format and location.

A quote from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992
Advanced Stream Redirector (.asx) files, also known as Windows Media Metafiles, are text files that provide information about a file stream and its presentation. ASX files go beyond the simple task of defining playlists to provide Windows Media Player with information about how to present particular media items of the playlist.

Windows Media Metafiles are based on XML syntax and can be encoded in either ANSI or UNICODE (UTF-8) format. They are made up of various elements with their associated tags and attributes. Each element in a Windows Media metafile defines a particular setting or action in Windows Media Player.

ASX files can point to any media file type that Windows Media Player recognizes and supports.

So, as others have already asked, could you provide more information? Do you have these "TV" files on a local disk or are you trying to play them directly from an internet address?
- If they are local how did you create them? Where is the referred content and what is the media format?
- If the files are on a public internet site can you provide a link?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up