INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trekstore Vibez  (Read 1196 times)

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck
trekstore Vibez
« on: March 04, 2007, 12:15:29 pm »

has anyone used MC 12 with the trekStor Vibez 12gb handheld?

I just got one... it looks like media center recognizes it but when I transfer tracks I get errors reported on the player that the tracks are corrupt.
I somtimes get a...  "Alert! GraceNotice connect to Music service and transfer track to maintain playback.

I haven't found any info on the trekstore site. I thought since I was using MC to manage my music and transfer to the device that I might get some help here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on a windows XP machine running service pack 2 Media Center 12.0.185

Thanks,
Keith

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: trekstore Vibez
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:35:10 pm »

Ok.. here are some more details about the problem.

If I copy .ogg  files  (that were encoded using MC11) using explorer to my Vibez they play fine without any errors (but will not show cover art on the vibes screen).
If I copy .ogg files (that were encoded after upgrading to MC 12) using explorer to my Vibez they will not play at all and report an error(but will show cover art on the vibes screen).

If I transfer .ogg files using the MC 12 UI that were encoded before upgrading to MC 12 the files will play but will initially report a GraceNotice Error as previously stated.
If I transfer .ogg files using the MC 12 UI that were encoded after upgrading to MC 12 the files will not play and will report an error.

maybe this will help to pinpoint the problem.

If I any more details are needed please let me know and I will try to provide them.

Thanks,
Keith

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 02:51:24 pm »

Try MP3 as a test.

Also, toggle the WMDM checkbox in handheld options so MC is talking to the device as a drive.  You may need to customize the music, playlist, etc. folders for this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:55:52 pm »

Sorry... I don't see the "WMDM checkbox in handheld options" on MC12. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up