INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-resume stuck  (Read 1898 times)

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto-resume stuck
« on: March 04, 2007, 02:26:23 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the file's fault or something external, but my auto-resume has got 'stuck'. The file in question is an OGM, & I can find out what is in it, if thats important. I'm getting the classic hung video, continuing sound symptons of a broken AVI file, but I know the file is fine. Moving via the navigation bar will cause the picture to shift to that place, but the video remains stuck. Attempting to stop the file again or to exit MC causes a hang of MC12.
The file plays nicely in WMP.

At the least, can someone provide me with the location of the file which holds the auto-resume data?

Cheers

-Leezer-

gappie

Re: Auto-resume stuck
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 05:55:19 pm »

you can find the bookmark file at
C:\Documents and Settings\?\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Settings\DVD Bookmarks.dat
were the ? is your login. when you delete that file all video bookmarks are gone and play from the start.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 06:53:10 pm »

Found that & moved it already  :(
DVDs have been reset, but not the OGM. A second OGM from the same set is doing it as well, but I don't have any from a different encode to compare with, so that brings me no closer to finding out if its the file or MC.
Only codec pack on the machine is CCP.

Cheers

-Leezer-

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:35:43 am »

Bump. Different encode (720p, not sure what codec without finding out how to check) is stuck as well.

Anyone please?

-Leezer-

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 01:34:14 pm »

Progress  :)
I'm now pretty sure this is an issue with the way newer versions of MC12 handle DirectShow filters- V12.0.147 works fine, with no alterations in settings, but versions from somewhere about .180 are broken (Not sure precisely when it happened, 12.0.185 onwards is definitely broken, but further I'm not sure.)
Choosing to disable DirectShow playback for the offending filetype(s) will unstick the files, but give no video as is to be expected. Choosing to use the WMP engine for playback where possible fixes the problem, but disables autoresume (Intentional?).
As far as I can see its DivX files that are affected, I've observed this behaviour in various different sets of DivX encoded things now, & the MKV contains a DivX encoded file.

The only codec pack thats ever been on this PC is CCP, with Haali Media Splitter set to handle everything possible.

-Leezer-

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 09:45:52 am »

Bump again  :P
Got a broken Xvid this time, this is the info from GSpot:
File Length Correct
Code: [Select]
Codec- XviD 1.1.0 Beta 2
DivX Style "packed bitstream" AVI
OpenDML (AVI v2.0)
Interleave: 1 vid frame (42 ms), preload=1008
Audio frames: Split across interleaves
Video: 96.2 MB (84.14%)
Audio: 15.2 MB (13.30%)
AVI Overhead: 2.92 MB (2.56%)

[JUNK] VirtualDub build 23774/release
[ISFT] Nandub v1.0rc2
[USER] DivX503b1393p
[USER] XviD0039

Again DivX appears to be involved somewhere.

I've also found the file causing the bookmarking- Its C:\Documents and Settings\ ?\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Library\Field (bookmark).jmd
Deleting it isn't causing any problems I've found, and it causes the bookmark to reset properly.
Replacing this file with a zero-byte read only file fixes the files, but ONLY after resetting of Media Centre. Stopping & restarting while still in Media Centre gives the same hung symptons. (I'm assuming the auto-resume value is stored in memory before being written out to disk?)

My conclusion is that there's a bug somewhere in MC's handling of auto-resume data in files which have been encoded in a very specific way, I suspect with the use of the DivX encoding tools, before being re-encoded into another codec/ format.

Cheers

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up