INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art inside files not displaying  (Read 1030 times)

IkhCel

• Recent member
Cover art inside files not displaying
« on: March 04, 2007, 03:06:16 pm »

I am upgrading from MC 9 & 10 to MC 12.
When I built the library I found that some cover art was displaying and some wasn't. Upon further investigation, it appears that any cover art that is inside the files is not appearing.
On the previous versions of MC there was a check box in the 'cover art' tab of the file properties that let you control whether art was incorporated into the file or not.
I cannot seem to find a corresponding selection in v12.

I think I just need to remove all the art, save the tags and then re-associate without putting the image in the file.

Or maybe there is a simpler solution that is escaping me now.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Cover art inside files not displaying
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:19:44 pm »

Tools>>Options>>File Locations will bring up where your album art is stored.

As for why it's not displaying, where is it not displaying? I have my art stored in folder.jpg and inside the file. I see art wherever I expect it but the thumbnail column seems slow in displaying art, with art occasionally disappearing from there. It does seem to spontaneously regenerate though.

IkhCel

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 11:32:22 pm »

It doesn't show up anywhere either as thumbnails or in the cover art display.
If I remove cover art from an offending file and re-add it, it shows up as a thumbnail for a few seconds then disappears again.

I figured out how to remove the art from within the file and just associate it in the database which is a workaround.

There is still the underlying question of why it won't display while in a file though.

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 10:33:22 am »

What format are you using for your audio?  MP3?

IkhCel

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 07:31:14 pm »

I have had all my songs in .ape for years and had a similar problem...
I had all the art embedded in the file and that worked fine on the local machine but if I was at another machine in the house accessing the songs via media server the art would not show up on the remote machine. If the art was merely associated, it did display on the remote machine.

I just recently converted all my library (a copy of course) to mp3 for iPod usage and that's when the embedded art will not even show up on the local machine.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up