INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and Vista  (Read 2042 times)

ananta108

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never was there a time when I did not exist
MC and Vista
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:54:47 am »

Hi all.

1 - What are the verdicts, does it work okay in Windows Vista.

2 - If I want to try MC in Vista, how can I not lose another licence, or what I mean is you get so many installs left each time a fresh install is made.

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC and Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:15:34 pm »

1 - What are the verdicts, does it work okay in Windows Vista.

2 - If I want to try MC in Vista, how can I not lose another licence, or what I mean is you get so many installs left each time a fresh install is made.

1. MC12.0 has been used and tested more than MC11.1 on Vista. If MC 12.0 has any problems on Vista JRiver will most likely try to fix them. That's unlikely to happen with MC11.1 since its development has ended. However, for the most part MC11.1 should work fine on Vista.

2. If you have not previously installed MC on your new OS you will have the full 30-day try out period. After that you need to register (i.e. restore your MC license).

Your license restore account is credited by one a year after each restore was used and the maximum number of available restores is ten. So you can use up to ten restores within any period of one year (not a calendar year). JRiver can help if you run out of restores. Just post here and ask (it would be good to explain why the ten yearly restores weren't enough in your particular case).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ananta108

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never was there a time when I did not exist
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:25:12 pm »

I downloaded (previously) MC 11, so will be running the trial as my licence is only for MC 10, but when I click on the icon, I get the window asking me to buy etc, then nothing more, but I do see MC is in the processes in the task manager? Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 05:05:02 pm »

I downloaded (previously) MC 11, so will be running the trial as my licence is only for MC 10, but when I click on the icon, I get the window asking me to buy etc, then nothing more, but I do see MC is in the processes in the task manager? Any ideas?

Unfortunately, no idea. Is it the latest MC11.1 version?

In my opinion, you could as well try MC12. The upgrade price is the same from MC10. You could try to kill the MC11 process and uninstall MC11 before installing MC12.

Possibly you have MC10 installed on another PC, but if you are going to uninstall it remember to create a library backup file (one for each library if you have many) and also back up anything important that you may have in the MC program path (like the cover art folder). MC12 can restore and use older MC libraries, but the new library version is not backwards compatible.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up