INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art - Quick Find Issues (12.0.185)  (Read 829 times)

TimMedcalf

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Cover Art - Quick Find Issues (12.0.185)
« on: March 05, 2007, 05:28:03 pm »

Hi,

After reinstalling XP, i've lost the links to all the cover art for my FLAC files. I've ensured that the cover art folder option is pointing to the right place and contains all the files but no images for my flacs show up, even after a "quick find". If i manually assign a new image, it works, and saves it alongside all the others - its just the old ones that don't show.

So, is the quick find feature not working? (i'm using 12.0.185)?

(and anyway, why weren't my images stored in the tags in the first place since i had the option ticked? or does that not work for FLAC?)

(and also, why are the "image file" tags all empty? I backed up the library, so not sure why there's nothing in the tags. Although i did update thumbnails, so would that clear it if it had lost the links?) (just spotted that the tags weren't empty!)

Help! I've got 34,415 naked tracks!  :o

TimMedcalf

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Cover Art - Quick Find Issues (12.0.185)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:42:34 pm »

hmmmm....done some more checking.

If the "image file" tag is already populated then it looks like "quick find" doesn't work. If i "remove cover art" to clear the tag, (but choose not to delete the image file) then do a quick find it works.

Also, if i highlight a file that has the field populated but is showing no image, and click "Cover Art  > View" it does show the right image...but it won't show it in the software until i remove it and re-add it.

surely there's a better way than clearing all the tags and re-running the quickfind? cos the software already knows which image file to look at - and just looks like its not reading it.

And rebuilding the thumbnails doesn't seem to work either...
Pages: [1]   Go Up