INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: restore key  (Read 2092 times)

Cal Richards

restore key
« on: August 28, 2002, 02:18:22 pm »

Jim;
I have done everything you have suggested and everything else I could think of and I am still unable to restore the plus features.
I try to download by clicking on the download button, but the page will not open.
I  then click on the "if download doesn't start, click here" button and the app downloads but I cannot upgrade.
Is there any way you can activate the upgrade from where you are. When I check the registration info, it tells me I am not registered.
I get a message that states that my 30 day trial period is over.
I have never had this much trouble with any application--ever.
Please help.
Cal Richards
cal@richards.name

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:restore key
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 03:05:30 pm »

If you are saying that you can't even download the program from our downloads page, then you may have other problems.

Are you using IE?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Cal Richards

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 03:31:17 pm »

I*'m using IE 6
I have tried to download it with IE and with Opera.
I can download the file OK, but not by using the "DOWNLOAD" button.
Again, I have to click on the "click here" link that we are told to use if the "DOWNLOAD" button doesn't work.
Cal Richards
cal@richards.name

Cal Richards

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 03:48:08 pm »

If we can't get media jukebox working properly, I expect a credit for the $24.95 I paid for it.
Cal Richards
cal@richards.name

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2002, 04:02:56 pm »

Cal,
If the download button doesn't work, something in your system or with your ISP is blocking FTP.

To get better help, you need to give more detail.

What works?  What doesn't?  Exactly where?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Batts

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2002, 04:05:35 pm »

From what I make out from Cals post he has already downloaded it,just cant upgrade?

Cal Richards

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2002, 08:56:57 am »

I have 2 browsers on my desktop,
IE and Opera.
I have used both of them in my attempt to get this working and neither one can open the download page when I click on the large DOWNLOAD button.
I am forced to click on the "if download doesn't start, click here" link.
I don'[t understand t5he statement that says my 30 day trial period is over.
I wasn't in a trial period as I had obviously paid for the upgrade.
COME ON GUYS!! This has gone on too long.
There must some way to fix it!!
I wish you would call me or give me3 a number where yuou can be reached so we can go through this in person and get it fixed. (I promise to toss your tel. no. after we talk).
My tel. no is 925-785-8169.
PLEASE.
Cal Richards
cal@richards.name

Brice

• Recent member
  • Computers, Web page building, graphics/Audio
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2002, 09:15:07 am »

I've never had a problem like that, except for my
popup stopper.

If it is set to Maximum it won't allow downloads on certain sites.
Regards!
 -=Brice

Dell Dimension 8250 P4 @ 2.8GHz
512 meg PC1066 RDram   533 FSB
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
64 meg Nividia Geoforce Ti4200

gateley

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2002, 09:24:35 am »

Cal: I am not following what you are saying: there is no large download button in the restore process, and there is no text that says "if download doesn't start, click here". I am assuming that you mean the highlighted registration code for the large download button, and the "If the license does not install automatically, click below". Right?

Did you try right clicking on the highlighted registration code (instead of a normal left click) and choosing save as, and then double clicking (through Windows Explorer) on the saved file?

If my assumptions are correct, then something on your machine is preventing the download. Do you use a proxy server? A firewall?

If you have zone alarm, you may have to remove it completely (not just turn it off) before your networking works like normal.

What version of MJ (Help->About)?

j

Calo Richards

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2002, 09:33:11 am »

I just requested my registration key via e-mail thinking I may have made a mistake in copying it.
The return e-mail confirmed that I was, indeed, using the proper key, however, it now says I have no restores left.
On 8-22, it said I had no restores, on 8-26 it said I had 2 restores left and today, it again says I have no restores left.
By the way, in response to the last post, I appreciate the the help, but I don't have a popper stopper.
Thanks anyway.
Cal Richards

Cal Richards

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2002, 10:30:45 am »

Jim;
Your statement regarding the download button is correct. Sorry about my confusion.
I do have ZoneAlarm Pro,but I don't understand why I should remove it as I was able to download & upgrade MJ originally, however, if you think it will help I will remove it.
I can always reinstall it.
My version of MJ is 8.0.356.
I have saved the registration key as you suggeted.
It is now in the "my documents" folder.
By the way, in order to obtain my version number, I had to click on the "system info" link in the "help" drop down list.
When I clicked on "about" it took me to a page with the credits and copyright info and I couldn't click out of that page. My only recourse was to do the "cntrl/alt/delete" routine.
Anyway, I was able to determine the version number.
One other question. As I told before, I seem to have run out of restores so I can't do a thing unless you can take care of that problem.
Cal
Cal

gateley

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2002, 10:55:59 am »

My name is not Jim, it is John or j, take your pick. Jim sits across the hall from me.

I cleared your restores at the same time I posted the message.

j

Cal Richards

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2002, 12:00:20 pm »

Sorry about that. From now on I'll just call you J.
Tell Jim hello for me.
Thanks for clearing my restores, but if I have no success with the restore key, what can I do? Is there any way you can take care of this and restore my upgraded version from your desk?
It just won't work for me.
Cal

Cal Richards

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2002, 12:03:52 pm »

J;
I still don't ha ve an answer as to0 why I get the message "0 days left in the trial period"
What trial period?
I paid for the upgrade.
Cal

gateley

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2002, 12:08:22 pm »

No, I cannot affect your system from my desk.
Please re-read the faq above (Price, Payment, and License details) very carefully, and if it doesn't work, post exactly the steps you took and exactly what response you got.

You have a thirty day trial period starting from the first time you ever installed the software. Unless you install a license correctly, it will report how many days are left in the trial period (even 0).

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up